Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was finally able to get onto blackberry.com/aim to get the download for the AIM ... BlackBerry Curve forum

skatecrazy no está en línea Stack level 1

AIM on AT&T Curve

Advertisement

I was finally able to get onto blackberry.com/aim to get the download for the AIM program for the blackberry, and then i get to a page that says that my wireless service provider does not allow access to AOL instant messager. Am I missing something so that I can't get this???? please help.

munee23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: AIM on AT&T Curve

Hey there skatecrazy, and welcome to PinStack!

To answer your question, the best thing to do is get the program JiveTalk. JiveTalk will allow you to access messengers such as AIM. This is because AOL does not make a version of AIM for BlackBerrys.

You can try it here for 30 days:
    http://www.beejive.com/

OR

You can download Ramble, IT'S FREE!
    http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/

Good Luck!

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ although I had AIM on my Pearl out of the box... (I think that was a TMobile thing) I highly recommend JiveTalk.

I just installed the trial yesterday and will definitely buy this one...

sandlev no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by skatecrazy
    I was finally able to get onto blackberry.com/aim to get the download for the AIM program for the blackberry, and then i get to a page that says that my wireless service provider does not allow access to AOL instant messager. Am I missing something so that I can't get this???? please help.
    I use ramble IM on my 8700 and its far better than the AIM client that is included with the MSN/Yahoo/ICQ/AIM package in that it is real time and not a text message.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

So you're using Ramble with non of the known issues affecting you?

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

If you use the included Instant messenger program on the Curve, does it use up your allowed Text Messages? Can you cirumvent this by having the IM's go strictly over data using the 3rd party tools listed above?

thanks

If you're referring to bb messenger, then no, it only uses data. It doesnt count against your texts.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

The reason I ask is because I am very close to buying the Curve from Amazon and for the Blackberry Personal plan it says that you get 1000 messages for either text, im, video, or picture.

See:
    BlackBerry Personal (Send and receive personal e-mail plus 1000 text, video or picture messages. No corporate connectivity.)
    Unlimited data, send and receive 1000 messages of any kind (text, IM, video, picture) and only $0.05 per message for overage. Access all of your emails from up to 10 ISP accounts while on the go! Included on a voice plan, pay only $39.99. Service may not be available in all areas. View Map and Coverage Limitations. Does not include connectivity to a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    This is actually different from the Blackberry Personal Max offering on the AT&T site, which offers 1500 minutes for this price. Anyone else seeing this?

Current AT&T has a plan for $30 for email and web browsing only. The Personal Max plan is $45 for data, email, and 1500 messgaes for IM, text, picture, and video. But thats in Chicago, where I am, and it does state that the deals vary by location.

I would go for it if you really want the Curve and/or AT&T.

DaddyFizzle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28A34994

Get Jivetalk...hands down best software for BB's

cnelson81 no está en línea Stack level 2

jivetalk is the best messenger you can get your hands on. well worth the mere 20 bucks it will cost you.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

The only program on my BB that I paid for was Jivetalk. Well worth the price, even the 29.99 User license which allows you to transfer it from phone to phone if you ever need to buy a new one.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

tyroen8323 no está en línea Stack level 1

The best all-in-one messenger software I use is IM+ - it's got ICQ, AOL/AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, Google Talk, MySpace and Translator. The best $50 bucks I've ever spent on a mobile application.

tyroen8323 no está en línea Stack level 1

Who's your service provider skatecrazy? AT&T?

skatecrazy no está en línea Stack level 1

yup. At&T. sounds like jivetalk seems to be an overwhelming winner in this case. we'll see what happens...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast