is is possible to sync an excel address list to my blackberry contacts via my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jonettesawyer no está en línea Stack level 1

addresses to bb

is is possible to sync an excel address list to my blackberry contacts via my mac? I have the blackberry desktop manager on my mac. the reason my addresses are in excel is that I have only recently moved to a mac from a pc?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think so unless you can convert it to an ASCII file, with delimiters, that's acceptable to Desktop Manager. (All I've ever use is Outlook.)

Anyone have any experience with trying to convert an Excel spreadsheet to an acceptable address file for DM?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    It is not possible with Desktop Manager for Mac. You will need to probably convert the excel file into a csv file and import it to the Mac address book then you can synchronize your BlackBerry with the Mac using Desktop manager for Mac.
    _ would make a copy of the excel file just in case something bad happens and normally to convert the excel file to csv, all you have to do is:
    1. Open the excel file.
    2. Click on file and save as.
    3. Select where you would like to save the file ( like your desktop or a drive).
    4. In the File Name area, name your document.
    5. In the Save as Type area, select CSV (Comma Delimited) from the pull dowm menu.
    6. Click save.
    7. You may receive one or two warnings about the formatting of .csv, click yes.