I have been very happy with my Curve thus far, but am having odd behavior ... BlackBerry Curve forum

thr61 no está en línea Stack level 1

Address Book Search and Dial from Address Book

Advertisement

I have been very happy with my Curve thus far, but am having odd behavior regarding the address book and its connection to the phone application. When I go to make a call and choose dial from address book, I begin to enter a name and it appears to not be there. I have tried using first name and last name and it simply returns no results. However, when I use the general search tool, it locates the person.

Further, when I filter the address book by categories, I often only see one or two entries (i.e. under client) when I know that there are hundreds. I am not talking about a huge address book (693 entries).

Finally, my Curve reports a different number of records than in my Outlook contacts.

I synch with Outlook using a hosted exchange server with BES.

Any ideas?

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

Re: Address Book Search and Dial from Address Book

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~This happened to my 8700. You need to reset. Turn off blackberry, pull battery for about 30 seconds. Replace battery and this should work. It did for me!

I can give this a try. However, I assume this will reset the entire device and so I will need to repick my theme, install 3rd party apps, and generally do a complete set up once again?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

No, all this does is reboot your phone cleanly. Nothing will change, it will turn back on looking the same. Nothing to reset back up.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It all worked perfectly! Thanks.