So most of you that helped me out with my address book problems thanks you!!!! ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4

address book problems pt2

Advertisement

So most of you that helped me out with my address book problems thanks you!!!! BUTTTT!!! I went to the AT&T store and then can't put all my numbers on my sim card so I am screwed if my phone somehow breaks or lose it!! So any other suggestions besides going through all my numbers and saving them to the sim one by one!! I have about 400numbers and I know I can only add 250 to sim so please let me know!!

180kid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A1B95A
    Ever heard of Desktop Manager?
    ~180kid

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Transferring contacts via the SIM card is a rather inefficient way if you have lots of contacts.
    If you can export to vcf or csv, you can use Desktop Manager to put them on your phone.
    Alternatively, if you can't do that. If you can copy 250 to the sim, then copy them, put the sim in the blackberry, copy sim address book to the device address book, then take the sim out, copy the other half to the sim again, and copy again to the blackberry address book.
    But the DM would be the best way to do it. The device switch wizard does support transferring from phones other than Blackberrys, but I haven't personally tried it.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by 180kid View Post
    Ever heard of Desktop Manager?
    Gotta point...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    What I am tryin to say is I want all my numbers on my curve to be on my sim card if something happens to phone and DM cannot put numbers from my curve to my sim!! If that helps anybody understand my question!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by mcawthon2004 View Post
    What I am tryin to say is I want all my numbers on my curve to be on my sim card if something happens to phone and DM cannot put numbers from my curve to my sim!! If that helps anybody understand my question!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    We understand your question. Backup using the desktop manager and you PC and all your contacts will be saved. Then you're done.

Storing numbers on your SIM isn't efficient and you can only store one number and the name. Also you can only fit about 250 contacts on a SIM.

So your best bet is to backup your device. Or if you use outlook you can sync with that and have another backup of your contacts as well.

Good luck.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes, you should use your Desktop Manager. That CD should come with your bb. Also, there are places you can go that can transfer your contacts from bb's to bb's for you, or from other phones to bb's or vice versa. Either way, the best suggestion has been coming from all Pinstackers, advising you to use Desktop Manager as you can't go wrong with that. Further, if you know of a place that does transfer your address book information, you could always have them back it up for you on a USB.

PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    I understand I was just wondering in case something happened to either my pc or phone but I guess I will have to stick with the desktop manager!! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~