Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

country code for calling US is indeed +1 not UK but the +1 is only ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Advertisement

country code for calling US is indeed +1 not UK but the +1 is only when calling the states from abroad and not necessary when you're in the states. 1 is all needed. I put all area codes in address book for even local calls. If you leave the default blank and dont put the area code in the address book for those is your own area code you will have problems

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    you shouldn't need to put the "1" before the number (1-212-555-1111) should be entered as 2125551111 under the contacts name, you never have to dial 1 unless you're calling from a land line or a 1-800, and even for an 800# you don't have to dial 1.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    unless you travel abroad.. then you will need the +1

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post
    you shouldn't need to put the "1" before the number (1-212-555-1111) should be entered as 2125551111 under the contacts name, you never have to dial 1 unless you're calling from a land line or a 1-800, and even for an 800# you don't have to dial 1.
    We are not talking about adding +1 before every contact, but in the smart dialling options!
    Meh- sometimes when u save a number from your redial list it saved it with a 1 in the beginning. if u put your national number length as 8, IMO it will check the last 8 digits of the callers number for identifying the caller. I had the problem with my 8300. Curve long back and this was the only way to fix it.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    My country code is +1, sorry I'm a idiot. Also why would I want to set number to 8 digits? US does use 10 don't they? I'm all sorts of confused?~via smartphone~
    Hehe... Some of us even live in areas where the area code has to be dialed for local calls, so if it is set to 8 we couldn't dial locally....
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Hehe... Some of us even live in areas where the area code has to be dialed for local calls, so if it is set to 8 we couldn't dial locally....
    Ofcourse not. U could set the length to 1 and still dial out!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    Ofcourse not. U could set the length to 1 and still dial out!
    When we switched to 10 digit dialing I had to ensure all my phones were set to 10 as they wouldn't automatically append the area code.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Well in either case, I've been trying all the different things mentioned here and haven't found a fix. I do know that my 8120 was setup how I originally mentioned aboved, and it worked fine with no issues and using the same set of addresses I use now... Doh!
    Thanks for the help guys.. I still don't know though. Here where I am I don't think you have to dial area codes on cells to call but totaly unsure as all my contacts are saved with a 1 and area code and number, but that's how they've always been. Including my 8120, which worked fine. Sigh. What am I to do...~via smartphone~

jaeso0oreal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3044D0E8
    I have had the same issue just today my uncle called me & I didn't know who it was at first because just the number appeared but afterwords the name shows in the call log
    ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    Well in either case, I've been trying all the different things mentioned here and haven't found a fix. I do know that my 8120 was setup how I originally mentioned aboved, and it worked fine with no issues and using the same set of addresses I use now... Doh!
    Thanks for the help guys.. I still don't know though. Here where I am I don't think you have to dial area codes on cells to call but totaly unsure as all my contacts are saved with a 1 and area code and number, but that's how they've always been. Including my 8120, which worked fine. Sigh. What am I to do...~via smartphone~
    did u try switching off content protection for contacts??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12