Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Im having a issue with Names from the Address Book showing up when someone calls. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

Question Address Book Issue...

Advertisement

Im having a issue with Names from the Address Book showing up when someone calls. Sometimes it will show a name, and other times just a number. It has done this since day 1 with my 8900. Personally I have just chalked it up to be a 4.6 bug, but I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. I am on T-Mobile USA and it isn't just the myFaves not showing up or anything. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Or just chalk it up as a bug?

Thanks a lot guys!

ps. it makes it VERY hard to avoid people...lol

jawbrkr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cant say I have noticed it but thats interesting. I will lookout for it and see if it happens to me. Only way I can see that happening is if you don't have that particular number in your address book. Then only the number will show.
    मुझे इस बात की और हमेशा की जा!

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Ya, that would make sense. But everybody that has called me is in my address book. Doh. I haven't seemed to notice a pattern, or if a 1 before the # makes a difference..
    ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Well maybe I'm the only one with this issue. Hmm lol
    ~via smartphone~

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    are you certain that the person does not have multiple numbers? For my own company to show up properly, it has to have every possible rollover line we use in the phonebook. Also, if you only have a persons mobile number and they call from home and that isnt in the phone book under their contact info, just the number will show up. Sounds like you need to do some editing to your phone book contacts

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    are you certain that the person does not have multiple numbers? For my own company to show up properly, it has to have every possible rollover line we use in the phonebook. Also, if you only have a persons mobile number and they call from home and that isnt in the phone book under their contact info, just the number will show up. Sounds like you need to do some editing to your phone book contacts
    It is setup correctly. For example someone calls me from their cell phone, the same number. Sometimes it will show their name, other times just a number and NO name? I have all the numbers store in my phone that have been trying to call, and in the correct place(home, work, cell etc).

I dont know what else to do?

Blaine

Joebanana469 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243b17c5

Question Is your address booked synced to a BES or BIS account?

Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    It is setup correctly. For example someone calls me from their cell phone, the same number. Sometimes it will show their name, other times just a number and NO name? I have all the numbers store in my phone that have been trying to call, and in the correct place(home, work, cell etc).

I dont know what else to do?

Blaine

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    No, its not synced with BIS or BES?

Thanks

Blaine

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Im having a issue with Names from the Address Book showing up when someone calls. Sometimes it will show a name, and other times just a number. It has done this since day 1 with my 8900. Personally I have just chalked it up to be a 4.6 bug, but I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. I am on T-Mobile USA and it isn't just the myFaves not showing up or anything. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Or just chalk it up as a bug?

Thanks a lot guys!

ps. it makes it VERY hard to avoid people...lol
    Go to Phone Options and look at Smart Dialing. Make sure that the country code and the national number length are correctly entered.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkers View Post
    Go to Phone Options and look at Smart Dialing. Make sure that the country code and the national number length are correctly entered.
    That's usually the problem with names not showing up with the number.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Area code is 918 and national num is 1 and number lenght is 10?
    ~via smartphone~

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    have you tried going to DM>backup/Restore>advanced> then clear the address book from the device. Then setup the configuration again for a one way resync from Outlook to Device and resync. After thats done be sure to setup two way again. That would clear everything in your address book from the 8900 (which I assume was restored from a backup when you switched devices) and reinstall it freshly, and directly from Outlook instead of the restore it used during the device switch.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Area code is 918 and national num is 1 and number lenght is 10?
    ~via smartphone~
    Try this. Put ur country code as +1(not just 1) leave area code blank and national number length as 8.
    Also in options/security options/general settings... Include contacts = no
    Last edited by schumacher; 02-06-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: add more info

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    Try this. Put ur country code as +1(not just 1) leave area code blank and national number length as 8.
    Also in options/security options/general settings... Include contacts = no
    +1 is not the country code for the US, so if you're in the US you'd better not use that, I think it's for the UK.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    My country code is +1, sorry I'm a idiot. Also why would I want to set number to 8 digits? US does use 10 don't they? I'm all sorts of confused?~via smartphone~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast