I have a new BB 8300 and just transferred by syncronization several hundred names and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rob1960 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Address book alphabetized by First name - what setting changes this to Last name

Advertisement

I have a new BB 8300 and just transferred by syncronization several hundred names and phone numbers from my old phone. They are in my SIM address book. But they somehow ended up alphabetized by the first name. What setting do I use to make them alphabetize by last name. thanks.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Address book alphabetized by First name - what setting changes this to Last name

Address book, menu, options, sort by. Hope it helps.

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Address book alphabetized by First name - what setting changes this to Last name

Thanks Eddie.. I saw this and needed it too.

Question Re: Address book alphabetized by First name - what setting changes this to Last name

that worked great for the "regular" address book. But the majority of names are in the SIM address book or phone book. How do I get to options there? Can't find it.

A 2nd part of that question is would I want to transfer all these names to the "regular" address book? If so, how?

What's the difference between SIM phone book and Regular Address book...... as far as intended function is concerned.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

The SIM phone book is saved to the SIM card. The "Regular" address book is saved to the phone. So you would want all your contacts saved to the SIM when you buy a new phone and want to use the same SIM card. Mine are all saved to both. I would do the same for yours too. Because there are no options for the SIM address book.
    ~Lauren

How can I copy the SIM Book to the Regular Address Book?

thanks

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Open your address book and hit your menu key. Choose sim phone book. When you see that list hit menu again and choose copy all to phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1960 View Post
    that worked great for the "regular" address book. But the majority of names are in the SIM address book or phone book. How do I get to options there? Can't find it.

A 2nd part of that question is would I want to transfer all these names to the "regular" address book? If so, how?

What's the difference between SIM phone book and Regular Address book...... as far as intended function is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    The SIM phone book is saved to the SIM card. The "Regular" address book is saved to the phone. So you would want all your contacts saved to the SIM when you buy a new phone and want to use the same SIM card. Mine are all saved to both. I would do the same for yours too. Because there are no options for the SIM address book.
    lauren is correct. address book is saved on the phone, sim phonebook on the sim. Sim phonebook can only hold 250 contacts max and only in name and number format. The address book is only limited by the amount of space that you have on the device and can add more things to the contact such as email address, multiple numbers under the same name, company, etc.

Question Re: Address book alphabetized by First name - what setting changes this to Last name

Help! I need to delete all names in both my address book and SIM phone book. Don't ask. Then I will repeat all the good advice above, transferring data from a different SIM card.

How do I:

1- Delete all the address book names?

2- Delete all the SIM phone Book names?

Thanks,

Robt

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

To delete the BB Address book entries, connect to your PC, Open your Desktop manager, Select Synchronize, Click on advanced. Now on the right side of the table find the address book database and highlight it, then Click on Clear at the bottom of the list. YOu Address Book is now Gone. As to the SIM Phone Book, I think you will have to delete each entry separately.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Yeaaaa!! success. All contacts on my old phone are now correctly on my new BB. Thanks to all. Robt