Hello everyone, While trying to remove a program from my applications, I accidentally removed the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spasell no está en línea Stack level 1

Accidental Deletion of Attachment program

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

While trying to remove a program from my applications, I accidentally removed the Blackberry Attachment Service 2.2.2 thanks to my inability to move my fats thumb slow enough with the trackball. I tried to reload this program thinking I can do so by opening the desktop manager, finding the program, and reinstalling it. I have not been able to locate this program at all. I am not sure what I should do at this point. I even tried to remove and reinstall the software thinking that would work. I am not on a BES. If anyone can let me know what the issue might be and how to correct it, I would appreciate that. Thanks

Sean

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Accidental Deletion of Attachment program

If your on BIS try logging in and resending your service books. If your on BES talk to your administrator and ask them to resend your service books. Hope that helps..
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The only way to reload that Module is to re-install the HandHeld Software. Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

spat10 no está en línea Stack level 1

My device is new, only about 3 weeks old, so I assume that the software that I am using is up to date..it does say 4.2...

I will erase and reload the software and see if that works. Thanks for the help.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You will need to download OS from rim onto your pc. Then run application loader and make sure attachment services is checked.

spasell no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, I want to make sure I have this correct. You are telling me that I need to NOT use the software that came with the phone, but instead, go to the website, download the software, and this should be how I get the attachment service back onto my phone?

spat10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for the answers I needed. It worked perfectly.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The software that came on the CD with your device is only the desktop manager and may have a problem. Some did. You wii also need to download the handheld software and install it. Which is why I gave the links above.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~