For those who don't want to use up their air time minutes accessing voice mail, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

Access your voice messages as attachment, not by calling

Advertisement

For those who don't want to use up their air time minutes accessing voice mail, it can be handled as email attachments on your Blackberry.

I am sure a lot of you Pinstackers know about this service.
    But I am sure there are ones who don't yet.
    It's called Callwave mail.
    http://www.callwave.com/landing/corp_home_vtxt.asp

It is a free service that lets you know if you have missed calls via email and it will send you voicemail messages as attachment via email. You can listen to your voice messages as if you are opeing music files.
    You could be talking to someone on the phone, the phone could be off, poor reception and so forth.

You can customize it by having a designated email address for those emails and it could say "you just missed a call" or distinctive ringtone whichever suits you.

One the many nice things is that it also works as caller ID for those numbers that you don't know of.
    Instead of just a plain phone number, it will tell you who the caller is, if the service can identify it.

There are a lot of things you can do with the service. You should really give it a try and see what benefit you can squeuze out of it.
    Last edited by nabitheking; 10-06-2007 at 06:22 AM.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Access your voice messages as attachment, not by calling

Thx!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ oi always thought that accessing your voicemail and 611 were free...

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Is this going to remain free? I skimmed the website and also googled the service. In one place I read that it's free during beta, and in another, I read that it's free for 30 days and then $3.95 a month. Maybe I'm mixing up their various products / services. Also not fully clear: does this make use of call forwarding from your carrier, and if so, is the service not able to turn on your voicemail indicator on the blackberry?

In the end, integrated voice/email will probably be the norm. I'd be happier if this were all integrated by/through my carrier (TMo for me). Wondering about the potential downside of this (none come to mind, but I suspect it's worth thinking through).

- the perpetual skeptic...

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you weren't, Vinmont, I would've been the one to ask the very same questions as I'm very skeptical about these services and they tend to not run as smoothly as it could if it were offered by your phone provider and needs you to use call fwding or a different phone number. I'd also rather wait for it to be released through tmo.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

In the video on their blog their rep says "believe it or not it's free now in beta. We'll be rolling out the premium version this fall."

He also said that when it does go pay it'll be "between $5-15 per month."

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Oh well. I have no intention of paying anywhere from $5 to $15 a month for this. Might make sense for some, but not for my purposes. Also: no desire to help debug via participating in the beta if I'm not going to be interested in continuing when they charge for it. If I thought I'd be a long-term user, I'd sign up for the beta. But knowing there will be the fee -- and especially knowing it could run anywhere up to $15, it's not worth my time to help them debug this. Once upon a time I had that kind of spare time to give away, but at this point, I have to be more selective about where I spend it.

Also: if I ever might consider something like this, at this price, I would almost definitely wait for something from my carrier if it all possible.