I've scoured Google and Pinstack for anything having to do with this to no avail. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

winzlo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

Question Access denied error when connecting Curve 8320 to Windows XP Pro SP2 PC

Advertisement

I've scoured Google and Pinstack for anything having to do with this to no avail. Hopefully someone has an idea, as I've tried everything I know.

I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 PC which was originally used with my BlackBerry Pearl 8100. I since redeployed this phone to my wife and bought a new Curve 8320.

Before I did ANYTHING (including plugging it into the PC), I uninstalled all BlackBerry (4.2.1) software and OS files from Add/Remove programs and rebooted. I then used the provided installation CD and was able to successfully install the 4.2.2 desktop manager software.

When I rebooted and plugged in my Curve 8320, it found new hardware, but when it got to the RIM Mass Storage Device, I got the display that Windows could not install the hardware because access was denied.

I then took the same software and installed it on a second Windows XP Pro SP2 PC which did NOT have BlackBerry software on it previously, and was able to complete the installation, reboot and connect my Curve 8320 without ANY problems.

While I watched this work, it appears that my own PC may be having problems with the Micro SD memory (which I have none installed.) So, my next test when I get home tonight is to turn off the Mass Storage configuration in Options -> Memory Card and see if I can get it far enough to at least restore my 8100 data to my 8320.

The PC where ths problem occurs has a great deal of USB accessories (other card readers/writers, DVD burners, external hard drives, media remote control, etc.) I had no problems installing the 8100 on this PC, and my gut reaction is that the uninstall of the 8100 software did not clean itself out properly and left things in an unusable state.

Any ideas? I'm already feeling the withdrawel of not having my e-mail on my hip. :-) Thanks!

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Access denied error when connecting Curve 8320 to Windows XP Pro SP2 PC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm thinking you have leftovers from the old pearl OS, try a pro uninstaller , check device manager(right click my computer-properties-hardware-device mgr), and check for any errors while having the curve plugged in.
    I wish you good luck and let us know how it works out.

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

I have Registry Mechanic and V-Com FixIt 7, I'll try those when I get home and see if that helps. Anyone else that has "beaten" this problem care to share your magic tricks? :-)

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

The registry cleaner did find problems and fixed them, and after uninstalling the Blackberry software cleanly, rebooting, again cleaning the registry (no problems found) and re-installing, the same problem occurs.

I turned off mass storage on the memory card with no change either, so the problem is not associated with the Micro SD memory slot.

This is beyond an annoyance, I cannot connect my 8320 to this PC at all, even though the 8100 connected to this same PC just fine a day earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by winzlo
    The registry cleaner did find problems and fixed them, and after uninstalling the Blackberry software cleanly, rebooting, again cleaning the registry (no problems found) and re-installing, the same problem occurs.

I turned off mass storage on the memory card with no change either, so the problem is not associated with the Micro SD memory slot.

This is beyond an annoyance, I cannot connect my 8320 to this PC at all, even though the 8100 connected to this same PC just fine a day earlier.
    That's messed up man. its clearly coming from windows, try more advanced fixes , I'd say iolo system mechanic pro, vcom fix-it stuff like that, and analyse your processes. I know some firewalls that block and remember some process and process trees.

You said you have vcom sorry.

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

I am getting another system utility tonight - I doubt it will help, so if anyone else has ideas, please let me know.

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

I've confirmed by using VCOM Fix-It Utilities 8 Professional. I had a bunch of additional registry issues (the usual junk from installing and uninstalling software over the years). However, no change in behavior when I try to connect my 8320 to this PC.

I've disabled Trend Micro PC-cillin, Ad-Aware and Fix-It Utilities 8 to see if any one of them was auto-blocking anything with no change either.

PLEASE HELP!

Maybe its time for a fresh windows install??

PIN/ID
    208CE2E7

I've used this PC for over 3 years without a single problem. It has over 2TB of data on it. I'm not prepared to go through a full week of reinstalling applications and locating serial numbers if I can at all help it.

I'm of the "solve a problem, don't treat a symptom" mindset. Hopefully someone else has beaten this same problem and can offer their solution here.

DLuna2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem

I have the same exact problem with my 8530. Had a Pearl and upgraded. I did all the same things you did prior to installing update. Let me know if you got anywhere.
    thanks