What does it mean when upgrading your OS. To higher numbers.I don't understand what's the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

carol73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215B0111

about upgrading the OS!!

Advertisement

What does it mean when upgrading your OS. To higher numbers.I don't understand what's the purpose for it.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Carol, an upgrade is usually to get additional or improved features for the device. If you're new to the concept it would probably be better for you to get acquainted with all the functions of your Blackberry. Upgrading is not essential to enjoying and using your BB. If you read around in the stacks you'll see that a lot of us upgrade to the newest and latest because we want to "play" with newer software features, etc. If you've gotten you phone recently it's going to be fine with the release that's on it for a long while. I hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Usually newer version bring bug fixes, better performance, or occasionally new features. But sometimes they can have new bug of their own. If your device is running well then there is probably no need for an upgrade unless you just feel like experimenting. If you do decide to upgrade, read other people's comments on it first, see if they report bugs or any poor performance before you try it.

EDIT: great minds think alike JB
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    215B0111
    Thank you, my son does it for me, but I do it also to play with the newest features to. I love downloadingnew app and theme. I just really didn't understand to much of it I had an idea. But thankyou for answering my question. God Bless!!

PIN/ID
    215B0111
    Also one more question after I post I see in small print that it says blackberry8900/4.6.1.231 profile/mdp-2.0 configuration/cldc-1.1 vendorID/100
    I've never see that come up before, how can I get rid of that?

That's new feature of Pinstack for users who post from their BB's - neat, huh? You can't get rid of it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Usually newer version bring bug fixes, better performance, or occasionally new features. But sometimes they can have new bug of their own. If your device is running well then there is probably no need for an upgrade unless you just feel like experimenting. If you do decide to upgrade, read other people's comments on it first, see if they report bugs or any poor performance before you try it.

EDIT: great minds think alike JB

you can debate "better performance", the last Rogers release for the 8100 ground it to a halt.

but with a new device like the 8900 you should be good for a few years.

somestone no está en línea Stack level 2
    yup so far i am amazed wioth the 8900's performance...
    so far so good,
    i wish i could test drive an storm, but im not a fan of touch phones

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by paulypaul View Post
    you can debate "better performance", the last Rogers release for the 8100 ground it to a halt.

but with a new device like the 8900 you should be good for a few years.
    That's why I said read about other's experiences unless you just feel like experimenting
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

PIN/ID
    215B0111
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    That's new feature of Pinstack for users who post from their BB's - neat, huh? You can't get rid of it.
    Yea that is cool. Ok I thought someone was trying to find out my infom

Nope. It's just a way for everyone to better see what device you're posting with and some of the details about it. I think it helps answer questions and give information better without having to ask all the prelim questions. See my info?
    Quote Originally Posted by carol73 View Post
    Yea that is cool. Ok I thought someone was trying to find out my infom
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106