so...I am able to connect to the internet, use the browser and surf the net ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bushey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    askplz

Smile able to surf the web...not able to use email. I BEG FOR HELP!!!!

Advertisement

so...I am able to connect to the internet, use the browser and surf the net as they say, send picture messeages and all that, but I am not able to neither send nor receive any emails!
    I have called my network provider (t-mobile uk) many many times and they say everything seems to be fine with my options, connections bla bla bla..but the gprs on the screen is not in capital letters and the Host Routing Table has no entries despite the fact I have sent the registration message many times already! I've also tried to send myself the service books from t-mobile instant email website but I have not received anything...
    Just to let you know, I bought this device brand new, sealed in box and it was working perfectly. Since last Monday,10th December 9pm to be precise, something happened and I have no idea what to do!!!!....
    I also updated my device with the newest OS, first with T-mobile and with o2 (my curve is branded o2 and is unlocked). Is there anything that could go wrong or something??
    Any help would be deeply appreciated!! I mean it
    Keep yourself nice.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: able to surf the web...not able to use email. I BEG FOR HELP!!!!

Go to Options/Network or Mobile Network and check what your setting for Data Services is set to. If it is On, then it might be a tower problem or a network problem in your area.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    askplz

Yes, it is set to ON, but there is definitely no network problem in London - I go around whole London basically and I also checked it with my network provider - everything is in order.
    Any other suggestions? I use email for work and this issue costs me seriuos money....
    I am more then happy to provide any other details from my device if needed.
    Once again....HELP me please
    Keep yourself nice.

PIN/ID
    askplz

and by the way, even if there was a problem with network, how would I be able to connect to the internet and surf the web, but not be able to use the email?
    Keep yourself nice.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It depends, you could be using Opera mini to surf on the gprs. I don't know how you are browsing using the BB Browser if you don't have GPRS. Are you using BES or BIS. Are you trying to use the @carrier.blackberry.net address or one you have added? If the latter in both cases, try removing the account from your BIS and re-adding.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles