The specifications for the Curve say it supports AAC files. Does that mean it will ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Question AAC files

Advertisement

The specifications for the Curve say it supports AAC files. Does that mean it will play music downloaded and purchased from the iTunes Store? Also, does listening to music drain the battery a lot? Thanks.

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: AAC files

I'm not an Itunes user so I can't give you a definitive answer about that but I can confirm that the Curve plays AAC+ files very well indeed. I use Easy CD extractor to rip CDs into AAC+ format files (MediaMonkey is one of the many free programmes and can rip to AAC) which sound much better than most mp3 files. I wouldn't think there'd be any DRM problems with the AAC files from Itunes but would be my main consideration. Maybe another user can help there.
    As for battery drain, I don't think it's particularly heavy but it's still early days for me!
    Good luck!

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2

you cannot play songs purchased from iTunes on your curve. they are DRM "protected".

what you need to do is burn those songs onto CDs, then rip them back onto your computer as mp3 or un-protected AAC files. then you can transfer them to your curve.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks for the help.