Anyone know how to improve the reception of the 8300. Any tricks or settings to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

quayman no está en línea Stack level 1

A way to improve ATT 8300 reception

Advertisement

Anyone know how to improve the reception of the 8300. Any tricks or settings to improve. Have been dropping some calls. Drop outs are common.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: A way to improve ATT 8300 reception

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hmmm.... Not sure - would like 2 know what u learn here

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by quayman
    Anyone know how to improve the reception of the 8300. Any tricks or settings to improve. Have been dropping some calls. Drop outs are common.
    As a long time AT&T/Cingular/AT&T customer I might suggest that you have just one of two possible issues.

1) You have a defective BB and need to return it.
    2) AT&T coverage is not strong enough in your area.

I would return the BB first and try another one. Then if your results are the same you may want to try other carriers. Of course presently your 8300 is locked to AT&T, however you can call their international department, explain that you are going to the UK on vacation and you need it unlocked. They will give you the code for free and then you will have an unlocked BB.

At that point I might suggest you try T-Mobile as they use the GSM system like AT&T so you can install their sim card in your BB and it will work. In switching to them they will not sell you just a plan without a phone, so the key is to get one of the plans that includes a free phone. Then you will get their sim in that phone, simply remove it and put it in your BB and your all set.

There have been a few reported problems with the 8300 on T-mobile, so if you encounter a problem here is the fix. Go to the O2 web site (O2 is the name of the carrier in the UK) and download the OS for their 8300. Lookup the instructions on this web site to reload the OS and subsitute the O2 for the AT&T OS and you will be all set. I know this works because I have an unlocked 8300 and I tried it on T-Mobile and it works just fine.

Keep us posted as to how you do.

Good Luck

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

I've had my Curve, in Canada on the Rogers network for a few days. I've been comparing the attena strength side by side with my Pearl and the 8800. No change at all. If you are experiencing dropped calls I agree that it may be the coverage in your area.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

:cry: well i do know for a fact the new curve 8300 on cingular "DOES" not have no where near as good reception than my pearl 8100 or the moto v400!

patnyc no está en línea Stack level 1

I have to disagree... I have an 8700 from Cing which is my work blackberry... I can never hold a conversation on that phone in my basement. I held a 45minute conversation and never had to say the famous line "Can you hear me now?"...haha.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!