Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just started with at&t two weeks ago, so i'm not sure if this is an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rking84 no está en línea Stack level 1

a small issue with curve's call quality

Advertisement

just started with at&t two weeks ago, so i'm not sure if this is an at&t issue, a general blackberry issue, or one that is specific to my device

every few calls, i will hear a static or crackling noise for about half a second or a second. when i hear the noise, the callers voice gets distorted so i can't understand them. this repeats every minute or so in the call. its not a huge problem, but quite an annoyance.

anyone else run into or heard of this issue? its strange because some (most?) calls are perfectly fine. i'm on my second phone in the 30 day trial so i'm not sure if i should exchange it, especially since i'm not sure if this is my phone's issue.

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: a small issue with curve's call quality

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have some similar issues every now and then. Switched from treo on verizon, so not sure if its a device or AT&T issue. Its annoying but so far livable for me.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Recently Ive been getting feedback on my end but only when Im talking. When Im quiet or the other person is talking its perfectly clear. When I talk it sounds like "whirring" in the earpiece. And no, Im not breathing right into the mic.

danni04 no está en línea Stack level 2

i've been told from people on the other end of my calls that its hard to hear my voice sometimes. they say the call quality is not that good and it sounds as if i'm outside even when i'm not. i have AT&T too and i think the poor call quality might be cuz of the device. Other AT&T subscribers that have different phones don't seem to have the same feedback on call quality.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

For S&G's I put my sim in my unlocked Nok n73. The call was as clear as if they were sitting right next to me. Tried it again with the Curve and there was definite loss of quality. Almost as if I was having a conversation through a blanket.

indianacowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30e66bcd

i too have experienced the static, it can get loud and both me and the caller or callie can hear it

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I've had this problem with my first Curve. If you are still within your 30 day trial it couldn't hurt to get a new one. My new Curve is clear as a bell, glad I took the first one back. Don't wait!

PIN/ID
    Ask

I've definitely noticed this issue a bit more now that I'm paying attention to it. Kind of a bummer. Since I was on verizon I'm not sure if it's network differences or coverage in my area...but I wish it was better.

soctech- where are you located? I'm in the southern california area, though i've noticed it in the norcal area too. i used to be on verizon, but they have a terrible pda selection so i changed to att.

i've been through 3 bb curves and they all seem to have the issue so its not the curve i think. its really hard to notice but once you do, your ear just listens for it and it gets real annoying. i don't know what to do - part of the reason i switched from verizon was that general voice quality wasn't very good, but that might have been a razr issue.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

strange - I don't want to be the contrarian, but in general, I've found the Curve sound quality to be excellent at both ends. Good volume and clarity at my end, and people tell me, in general, that it sounds like I'm on a corded phone. I'm on TMo using an unlocked Curve with O2 firmware...

PIN/ID
    Ask

I'm near Denver, CO. I'm still noticing this issue sometimes, but it is inconsistent... which leads me to believe it is a network coverage issue and not a curve issue. I'm trying to pay attention when I'm in various places to determine. I'll also be travelling to the east coast in the next couple weeks so will monitor throughout. It's a pain, but as its sporatic, I haven't lost hope yet!

RKing, I agree about Verizon's poor phone selection, especially smart-phones... it's one of the reasons I left them.

danni04 no está en línea Stack level 2

Same here. I was with Verizon, but made the switch to AT&T because of Verizon's poor phone selection. But as far as network coverage, Verizon was superior for me. I've never experienced dropped calls with them. Now that I'm with AT&T, I'm always dealing with dropped calls and poor call quality.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

I have been on AT&T for several years now and have typically experienced good sound/call quality. I did however notice terrible quality when I was using a (don't hit me too hard) Treo 650. Now that I have switched to the Curve all is right in the world.

michaelgazin no está en línea Stack level 2

My call quality on ATT with the Curve is pretty awful (in Houston, TX). I switched from Sprint where the quality was superb.

yeah i have no issues with voice quality at all, as well as coverage or dropped calls - service is on par with verizon's. this occasional distortion/garble/static is just bothersome and if its not a temporary issue, i don't want to deal with it for 2 years on contract. i've only got a few days left on my 30 day trial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast