Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I forgot my precious berry one day to. I awoke one morning and got ready ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I forgot my precious berry one day to. I awoke one morning and got ready for work. Before preceeding out the door I put my berry holster on my hip. Then proceeded to work. Well when I had alittle down time around 10-ish I reached for my precious only to find that my berry wasn't there. Turns out I left it on top of the toilet with the browser open to pinstack. Worste day of my life. Since then I always check the bathroom before I leave the house. I think our berrys like to play mean tricks on us sometimes.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.163 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Bbqwest if our bb's are playing those kind of games we have to strike back. Lol
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    I know exactly what you went through tia.....a similar event happened to me a month ago and I posted my terror then.....

I was in and out of the cab of my truck while backing up a trailer and unhooking it in the back end of our property—lots of dirt, trees, weeds and undergrowth. Then I turned the truck around and headed back up to the house. It was then that I experienced that panicky feeling……you know……when your phone isn’t in your holster and it should be. Naturally, I thought it was between the seats……I’ve found it there many times. Nope……grabbed Lola’s phone and kept calling my number…….listening for that definitive ring tone……now the panic is really beginning to grab me.

Walked upstairs and downstairs calling and calling……going crazy now……trying to recall if I changed the profile back from quiet to normal this morning……yep……I know I did that. Adrenalin is kicking in now….I’m sure it has to be somewhere on the property, in the truck or house. After 45 minutes of back-tracking…..I finally found it……you can’t imagine the relief I felt until I saw the imprint of my Michelin tire on the back of my 8310.

I apparently ran over it. I turned it over and saw the dreaded white screen of death……did a battery pull and blew out the dirt and……nothing…..oh well…..then decided to try alt/r-shift/del…..and to my surprise…..it worked. So, I plugged it in and did a back-up and that worked. My previous backup was only two weeks ago so I was pretty good there but, I did have a lot of activity to my address book and calendar recently. Went to my local ATT store and purchased the 8900…..restored the data and put it in my previous holster. It immediately fell out…..I looked at the elastic, for the first time, that connects the front and back of the holster…..sloppy! I actually had room for two Curves in there…..found my back-up holster that I purchased on the Internet…..tight…..in fact, when in the new holster and held upside down with the flap open……it was secure and didn’t fall out. I believe the holster was part of the problem……the other part was me not taking the BB out of the holster when I got in the truck as I usually do.

So.....the moral and lessons learned from my experience are:
    1. Try to back-up more frequently.....daily if possible
    2. Place the BB in the center console when entering the vehicle and charge it if necessary
    3. Obtain a better holster

My Otter Box holster is great.....lovin' it. And.....I'm glad your night of terror turned into a day of relief.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Omg you drove over your curve? I would have fainted cause I don't back up as often as I should. I know shame on me but now I set a remember so that it let's me know
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    I know the feeling I left mine at home and when I returned I grabbed my wifes phone and started calling. I knew I hadn't switched my phone from being quite so I looked for berrybuzz disco light and found it flashing on the floor beside my bed. Now I alaways check when I get in the car.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    Hahaha ya I've been through it before and it sucks! I got this hollow feeling in my chest. My heart just sank to the floor. I was out at my normal spot having a few beers with some friends. I went to the bathroom and came back and it was gone! I never leave my berry behind...ever! I thought somebody stole it. So I freaked out naturally. I'm like 6'5 and 325 and so people were freaking out cuz I was freaking out I was soooo pissed off! Something told me to go check in my ride and it was sitting in the cup holder lol. I could have sworn I took it inside with me I guess I was losing it but I hope I never go thru that again. I don't wish that feeling on anyone who owns a bberry. It's like losing a wallet with wades of dough and all your plastic! Horrible feeling!
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ^^^at 6'5" and 325, I would have just given you mine if I was there-lol!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Threads like THIS are why a number of psychiatrists have been "drawn" to pinstack . . . only as observers, only as observers . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12