Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Omg where do I start, well let's start from the beginning. Yesterday evening I had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

A Night Of Terror!!!

Advertisement

Omg where do I start, well let's start from the beginning. Yesterday evening I had been invited to a girls night event. I got ready and was in my car, I drove about 45 minutes from my house to the bar. I went to reach for my phone that is always on my hip and she wasn't there. I thought well it's in between the seats... no! it's not there what am I suppose to do. I ran into the bar and had one of my girlfriends start to call my phone. I was climbing all over the car and I couldn't hear it. I was horrified all kind of things started racing through my head. So this guy came out and asked whats wrong? I said I think I lost my phone. He laughed at me and said are you about to cry? I said it was a BLACKBERRY!!!! He said oh!

Needless to say that I had a horrible night, I thought of all the worst things that can happen to me. What if the car stops? What if I have a wreck? I don't remember anyone's number by heart because my phone, my baby keeps me in check with that. As soon as I hit my driveway I ran into the house and looked on the kitchen table and no phone. I went to the couch and the chair no phone. I went to the bathroom (yes she comes to the bathroom with me) no phone. I went into bedroom nothing on the bed, nothing on the dresser, nothing in the chair. Ok I had tears in my eyes so I went into my office and sat in the chair and I looked to my right and there she was. I just grab her up and kissed her and told her I wouldn't do that again.

Sounds crazy huh? Call it what you want but I was in pure shock. I didn't have any fun at the bar, I didn't dance I only had one drink. My girls were all talking about me except for one who owns a blackberry and she was the only one that understood.

So that's my night thanks for reading let me know if you ever had this happen to you.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha, I totally understand, but I think I might have gone home to find it then head back and have a real reason to party I have only forgotten my phone once, and it was when I was picking my son up from school which is only 7 miles away....but even that was the strangest 20 minutes where I felt like a piece of me was missing ....I haven't done that again!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Never had it happen but I can picture myself being the very same way. I did have one die on me and for the whole hour I was without it I was lost. I kept reaching for it when someone elses would ring and not having it there was just strange.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    I was in total shock because I never leave it anywhere, right now she is sitting here next to my keyboard watching me type. Azstar if I went home instead of staying I would not have driven all the way back out there. I guess we live and learn that we can't forget our bb.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Never happened to me, but I can't imagine myself going anywhere without my blackberry...
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    The first thing I check when I am backing out of the driveway is 'phone in holster' check. Then I can leave. I did have a long 5 days this summer visiting my father in Nova Scotia, where there is no cell service, I was lost, that is almost as bad as leaving it at home! That was the longest 5 days of my life. I don't know how those people can live like that. LOL
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I can totally relate... 2 days on my recent vacation with NO signal - complete dead zone. I thought I was going to lose my mind.
    Then I also had media card issues (thanks moto ) that took her out of commission until I could get to a city that sold media cards.
    Not fun and caused a lot of anxiety and stress on what would otherwise have been a relaxing and fun vacation. BB is so much a part of me. Can't do without it.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good story Tia-and very understandable. Would croak if I lost my berry, but then again, it would be a good excuse to buy a new one!
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    Wow I totally would feel the same way. I have yet to experience, *knock on wood* leaving my BB behind. Im like frisco49ers, I do the "phone in holster check" every single time I leave to go anywhere.

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Chokem, I need a new phone but I wanted my first one my 8310. I have so much of my life on this phone it would be hard if I did actually lost her. From on frisco49ers I will make sure I feel for my phone as I'm backing out of the driveway
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I understand completely.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Lol. I totally understand. Every morning at 6:25 I check for my phone and holster before I leave for work. My work day would be so boring without my BB.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by drice30721 View Post
    Lol. I totally understand. Every morning at 6:25 I check for my phone and holster before I leave for work. My work day would be so boring without my BB.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

I agree, its the first thing I grab to read my email in the morning and one of the last things I do is to charge it @ bedtime.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    For me it would be like going through the day with a missing limb. I have six e-mail accounts coming into the device, including work e-mail and a couple of business accounts.

Since they cut off the wireless network for employees at work a couple months ago, I now rely on TetherBerry to connect my laptop to the internet through my 8310.

I would be so lost without it.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Great story... I sometimes get concerned that I have too much information on my phone for those cases where it does get lost or stolen. Google Latitude so they can find my friends or family [kids], pictures of my kids, maps to my favorite places, emails and passwords for work.... But the convenience is awesome... but you just never know !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast