Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So every since I got my 8320... the battery dies before it should. I usually ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

A Joke!... or what?

Advertisement

So every since I got my 8320... the battery dies before it should. I usually will get up around 8 and the battery will die out around 3 PM. The part thats even worse, the CSR for T-Mobile told me this is basically normal?! WHAT!

I hear about people here getting days of power and they use their BBs like crazy! This really ticked me off.

I know I'm doing everything right... I have vibrations down to 1, backlight on 10 percent, wifi is disabled, and I turn the mobile connection of in areas when I know I won't have a connection!

What AM I DOING WRONG?!

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    How many apps are you running? Look up in the upper right corner. Are the network errors flashing a lot or showing a lot of network activity? No, that's not normal unless you are using your battery CONSTANTLY through that time frame.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    SK LX
    All I'm running other than normal is JiveTalk and its on Mobile-Network Preference... And I'm in classes during 8-3 so not that much! It flashes a little bit... the up and down arrows? No A LOT, but a medium amount.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Jivetalk uses a lot of battery, but shouldn't take that much. I would call tech support and embelish the issue a little more. Make them check network activity.

PIN/ID
    SK LX
    Hmm, JiveTalk really isnt that active... but what would network activity be doing?

ckgdrums no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242668C7
    Jay, I had to get a warranty replacement for my T-Mo 8320 because of the battery issue. Talk to customer service again and ask them about a replacement.
    Chuck

squidjuice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2442AE55
    Mine last from 6:30 to around 7 pm and I use all day and have wifi and don't seem to have a problem and mine is from t mobile

PIN/ID
    SK LX
    Wow, yeah you're lucky because you bought your phone under T-Mobile. I cannot get a replacement because I did not purchase from eBay.

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    It's most likely your battery. If I run wifi and jmirc all day, I probably have enough battery to last me a day and a half or so. If I play music full blast and listen through headphones, I get about 8-10 hours or so.

Did you get your phone used? You can try to contact the seller and see if it's under the warranty still.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_curve.html
    My detailed tutorial on painting your blackberry.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Since it sounds like you may be out of luck on getting a replacement, I would maybe check on ebay or somewhere else to see if you can find a new battery.

I have an 8320 and i never disable wifi, have vibration on 3, backlight brightness is 100 with 30 sec timeout and i have google talk on all day. I have made it a little over 2 days on a full battery before. I say this because there is obviously something wrong with your battery or device.

Another option is to maybe contact the seller, especially if you bought it within the ;ast 30 days.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

squidjuice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2442AE55
    Just buy a new battery and you should be good man. Good luck

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Are you running bluetooth? Or is the bluetooth connection open? That tends to eat a lot of battery life as well...

Best of luck!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

PIN/ID
    SK LX
    Nothing to do with battery, although thanks for the tip. I bought a new battery the day I seen how fast the battery ran.

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3
    im on wifi for a couple hours at school sometimes and it only dips down 20% of the battery and i dont charge it for a couple of dayz...

should be ur battery, or running apps cuz there are only surpose to be 5 main ones

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Are you in an area with very weak signal? To me, this is the main factor.

In a good area, I can have Wifi, bluetooth on, Jivetalk active, Facebook open, listen to music all the time and make over an hour phone call, 10-20 e-mails in and out and still have 20-40% left after a 10-12 hr day.

Maybe a Seidio 2600 mAh battery is the way to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast