I have been provided a blackberry curve from my organization. I know my official email ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Araghni no está en línea Stack level 1

Question a few questions from a BB n00b

Advertisement

I have been provided a blackberry curve from my organization. I know my official email settings can be configured and monitored by my MD that I know. but my question is:

1. Can he monitor my BBM chat and friends?

2. If I use my personal ID for YM then can he monitor my chat and friends of YM? (obviously he doesn't know my personal ID pass)

3. Recently when I tried to add people via PIN on BBM, whenever I put down the PIN BBM is asking "should we send this request via 'office email ID'?" and there is no alternative to that. Either I have to send via office email ID else I can't add.

Please help ASAP.

Hi Araghni!

1. No. The information would be maintained locally on your device.

2. No

3. Probably no way around this, it is probably determined by the it policy. An IT policy is a series of company defined limitations on your BlackBerry use that you cannot override

I'm curious what company would be providing 8520s to its employees! That model is closing in on two years old . . . .Good news for the BB sales dept but there are newer, better options in the RIM world!

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks a lot for these infos...I have just joined the organization..and its a very small organization. In fact huge MNCs at India also don't provide BB to anybody. So our small organization is going ahead of them in this regard..lol

And I really want to see for myself from where my MD sets my email account and all. I know the email settings on my handheld..but he can operate my account from his PC, so where do I login? I know my user ID pass for BB but whenever I try to login from vodafone site they are saying there is no user by this name. Whereas I can clearly see the user name on my email settings page of my handheld.

So is there any other place from where I should login other than normal vodafone.in user logIn page?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi, while Mark is absolutely correct that the information will be kept locally on your curve, as the device is a company device, if you have signed the normal contracts the company will likely have the right to take the curve away from you at any time and check what information is on it. As the company is paying for the air time etc they have a lot of "rights" So I would be careful what I do with the device. Hope this helps By the way this also affects company computers.

Thanks for the insight Dushdavj, but that won't be much of a problem...I'm sure of what is going in front of me...I just wanted to be sure that nothing happens behind the veil..

Now again I have a serious question...our BBM status message always remains as the Company Name. Now as I'm heading a different division of the same company, I changed the status message to that division's name.

Suddenly I saw after that, there are a few recent updates on my BBM. And I saw my other colleagues' status message was reinforced to the organization name, which they were already having as status message. And this was done almost at the same time. The next day when I asked them, they said they didn't do anything to status message. One of the guys said "u know our MD, he is a techie..he might have done these"

now my questions are:

1. Can anybody change BBM status remotely??!! Then my BBM conversation is not private at all.

2. please note that my colleagues' status message remained SAME..but BBM showed they were recently updated. Here lies my confusion.

GOSH!!!!! I thought Blackberry was fun...*whew*