Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought my first blackberry (8320) and am loving it although i have has ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rarere no está en línea Stack level 2

A few issues with new 8320

Advertisement

I just bought my first blackberry (8320) and am loving it
    although i have has a few problems with it
    First issue is when connecting to pc for some reason it keeps connecting and disconnecting itself. This make its nearly impossible to load things onto the blackberry as during the process it disconnects itself and aborts the loading. I have reinstalled the desktop manager and even downloaded the updated version, still no change.
    Second issue is with my text messaging. When i receive texts from my contacts it wont show their name, just their number. The only way around this is by adding their number a second time to my address book, which then results in me having two entries of the same number which isn't that practical.I'm hoping there is a way around this rather than having to go through them all and the deleting one. The display name option is on in the options menu if you were wondering.

Any help would be great
    Cheers
    Craig

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2

Well

Did you check your cable connection on your PC and the Blackberry, I know its simple and to some people I may offend them but knowing a lot of things I overlooked the obvious. The cable. After that I made sure that the computer had the right settings under the control panel. Secondly make sure that the Mass mode option is not messing it up as it does that if you hit ignore message and its disabled. I also notice that if you are not having the names show up maybe they are not on your phone but on the sim, give that a try and let me know if you have anymore questions. I have the same phone.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    ON 8310 its in your setup wizard found in your applications, once open there is an import sim card contacts.

I have a monster computer that I built with several fans, and it makes the table vibrate. If I set my phone on the desk it will do the same thing. if I set it on the stand next to the desk it works fine. Its the cable. or well was for me
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

I checked connections at both ends. Both were well in place. It seems erratic. When left sitting on desk, it will vary how often it connect and disconnect itself.
    What settings in control panel would i have to check? When using usb storage devices etc i have never had this type of problem before even when using the same port.
    The contacts were all copied to the phone when i first inserted sim

Well buddy it seems it maybe your cable. I noticed this with an associate a while ago. They thought their Blackberry was dead as it didn't charge. Well it seems that the connector was a bit opened a little too much. i pressed on it a little with some pliers and then the phone began to charge, it had done the same thing on the computer. Connect and stop and try to charge and stop unless held up properly or holding the cable steady once it connected. Try another cable and see if that still gives you the same error. They are basic cables.

Will play around with cord more and see if i can fix it.
    Re-copied my contacts from sim to phone
    Some numbers in my sms inbox have their appropriate name, others just display number...

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Make sure your cable connection is coming directly from the PC and not a hub. I have a monitor with a 3-port USB hub built-in. When I connect to it, I get the connect/disconnect thing. When I connect directly to the PC, no problems.

Just my $0.02

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I could be the cable itself i had some what the same issue, it seemed like the mini usb connection going into the phone wasnt long enough to make a complete connection. also if you are using a laptop try going off the rear usb ports (if you have them) instead of off the side.

Plugged it into the rear of the computer, at first seemed to make a difference. Was mid way through installing 4.5 OS and it disconnected...Phone now will not turn on!
    Please help

Ok so it was stuck on the middle and now u have a problem with an error when booting up. Well try it again by rebooting. Your system seems a bit unstable and it maybe due to some motherboards not having enough power in their ports. I suggest that you try this on another PC. My froze yesterday in the middle and said OS update failed. Gave me an error when it booted. I rebooted my PC reloaded the OS and was back to normal. As a blackberry breaker. i have broken them in so many ways that it may have seemed impossible to fix, yet by reloading the OS back to normal they all came back to life. Try that

The phone itself will not turn on now so how am i meant to reload the OS?

Dont panic it wont turn on, it will still be recognized when plugged in. Just load Apploader directly and follow the steps until you get to connection settings, there is should show your phone as a Pin:***** and so on, then hit next and do a full re-install

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    I don't know if you got your second question answered yet, and it seems like you won't be needing the answer until you get everything reinstalled, but here is the solution:

Open your Messages, then go to the Menu and then Options. In Messages Options, go to General Options. In the first (Display) section, you can change the way it shows you the messages.

Mine is:
    Display Time: No
    Display Name: Yes
    Display Order: Name, Subject

That way I just see a list of WHO sent me a message, and then the first part of the message itself.

www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

The pin section is blank, what number am i meant to enter here?

I have sourced a new cord to try connecting with. I tried it with the pc i was using, will not come up with anything when plugged in, as if it is not plugged in. Installed desktop manager on another pc, when plugged in it says that the device has malfunctioned and the cannot be read...
    I need to fix this, please help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast