I'm having a couple issues with my Curve and was wondering if I could get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Landocommando12 no está en línea Stack level 1

A couple Curve issues...

Advertisement

I'm having a couple issues with my Curve and was wondering if I could get some suggestions.

So I've had the phone for about 2 months, and usually charge it over night every night. I went out of town this past weekend and forgot my charger, but didn't think it to be a big deal, because usually even with talking and lots of texting, I never even bring it below half full in a day before charging over night. Well, it got down to almost empty, and when I got home I charged it like normal, overnight. The day after, it pretty much killed it all the way with the same usage as normal. Then today, it got even worse. Charged it all night last night, and it was dead (not dead, but on "low battery" status) within an hour. Charged it to almost full on my charger in my work van, and when I got home, I took a nap and it was full, and I just woke up, and it's on "low battery" again. Did I mess the battery up by letting it drain almost fully?

I did a search on this and saw many different answers to many different people, but still didn't really figure anything out, because most were due to lots of emailing or applications running, but I don't really have many apps or anything, I mainly talk and text and that's about it.

Also, whenever I plug my BB to my computer to transfer files on or off with the desktop manager, the time on my BB changes by one hour. I have checked to make sure the time zone settings on both my BB and my PC are correct, and are the same, I have changed the time source from "blackberry" to "Network" and back, but it does it every time I plug my BB to my PC. Anyone else see that?

Thanks

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: A couple Curve issues...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i notice my time would be slower, but then I just update time on blackberry and it stoped doing that. About your battery, exesive charging, like leaving on all night even when battery fully charged and leaving on charger can drain battery, also its possible that leaving bb on charger over night can short out the battery.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only thing I could say is to buy a new battery,

jsmall88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240C4EFE

battery's like the one in phone tend to have somewhat of a memory. so if you consistantly charge them before they are dead they will start to show the signs you are speaking of. might be time for a new battery.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by jsmall88 View Post
    battery's like the one in phone tend to have somewhat of a memory. so if you consistantly charge them before they are dead they will start to show the signs you are speaking of. might be time for a new battery.
    BlackBerry lithium-ion battery = no memory

I'd try a new battery.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I would pull the battery and leave it out for a couple of minutes and then reinstall it and turn the device back on. Sometimes the battery meter can get out of sunc and needs to be reset with the battery to start reporting correctly. I recently had the same sort of problem and had to do the battery meter resync that I suggested. I then ran the battery down and recharged as normal. LiIon shouldn't have a memory effect and sometimes the meter gets off. even though it is reporting low the battery is no where near there. Are you sure that the device is getting charged and not the icon just turning on. If I try to charge from my work computer the icon turns on (the nature of the connected charger circuit being made) but the computer responds that it has insufficient voltage to charge and never charges the BB. I would try this before buying a new battery. This used to be a problem as well when moving to larger batteries as the voltage wasn't reported correctly by the meter and it either had to be resync'd or in some cases it just woud never report correctly.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

yeah i go for the new battery solution too

Landocommando12 no está en línea Stack level 1

K I just talked on it until it turned the radio off and now I'm going to charge it full and see how it goes from there. Nobody knows about the time thing though? It doesn't slow the clock, it just sets it an hour back as soon as I connect it to my pc and start Device manager. I could plug it for 5 seconds and then take it off and the time on the BB will be an hour behind as soon as I do that. Pretty weird.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    yeah i go for the new battery solution too
    Should I need a new battery after only 2 months though? I hope not!
    Last edited by Landocommando12; 02-06-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Are you sure that the settings on your Outlook or computer are set for the correct daylight savings and time zone. There is an option in the DM to sync to the computer time and that could be checked. It is under the connection settings somewhere.

As for the battery, no it shouldn't go bad in 2 months and if it did, it could be caused by the charger or the device. Like I said prior are you sure it is charging. I would pull the battery to reset the meter like I said. I have had it happen with BBs, Palms, and WM devices, so try that. Also if the battery is bad it should be covered by RIM or T-MO as I think at the bare minimum the battery is covered for 90 days, when I had Verizon they covered them for 1 year just like the phone.
    Last edited by squeakr; 02-06-2008 at 10:47 PM.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Time thing is probably a setting under Blackberry Desktop 'Sync' area. Click on it and uncheck 'Update device's date and time'. I think you may have it set to auto sync when you connect your bb. The reason for the hour change itself could be time zone difference b/t your phone/comp when it syncs or perhaps an inconsistency with daylight savings times between the two.