i have an 8900, and where i am currently working there is no cell service ... BlackBerry Curve forum

captcandyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22d7e6bc

8900 wifi

Advertisement

i have an 8900, and where i am currently working there is no cell service of any kind, but they do have wifi. now my problem is, my berry cays it is connected to the wifi, and yet the wifi icon remains greyed out, and i cant access the net. I know it isnt locked, cause a laptop can use it just fine with out any pass. any ideas why i cant access it?

btw i am using os .250
    22d7e6bc

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    When you run the set up for the wifi it does give an error.?
    You can see if it does on the screen where ask you to either save or not as a profile.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

PIN/ID
    22d7e6bc
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    When you run the set up for the wifi it does give an error.?
    You can see if it does on the screen where ask you to either save or not as a profile.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1
    No it don't, it will tell me that it has been saved, if I scan for new wifi networks.
    It will list the networks, and have connected on the one with the best signal.
    I was at a dennys lasty night, and it did the same thing there, said it was connected to dennys wifi,
    but refuses to use it. A fiend of mine has a windows mobile phone, and it connected and used the wifi just fine.
    But when I get home, my 8900 will connect to my home network and use it with out even a hicup.
    Is there something I'm missing that it is being picky with what wifi it wants to connect to?
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    When you go to manage connections and go to WiFi setup is there a link for hotspot login? If so, you must use it
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-gb; HTC Hero Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try going to Mobile Network Options and changing it to WiFi preferred or WiFi only. I have to do this to connect to a hotspot location.

PIN/ID
    22d7e6bc
    i have tried the log into hot spot option, it just gives me an error saying there sere has failed to respond.

and i went into network options, there is 2 settings
    data services, which can be set to on, off, and off when roaming
    and mobile network, which is set to att, and can not be changed
    22d7e6bc

Resend your service books. There should be Connection Preference in mobile network options.

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have noticed that the 8900 gets picky with wifi if it has to go through any sort of access point. If you aren't picking up the signal directly from the router, but rather through an access point at these locations it probably won't connect. I am not sure if this is a confirmed issue or not, but that is just from my experience.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    I was at Ruby's Inn near the entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park a week ago.....no cell service at all but the Best Western there has wifi without any encryption. I checked the box for wifi.....scanned for new networks and was accessing the Internet in 30 seconds through one of their many access points. That is my only experience other than a direct connect through my router.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Well bestwitted's experience proves accesspoints work. I was going through hospital access points. I work there as IT in the summer and even with allow hand off to other access points checked off as soon as I left the office and switched to access points my wifi greyed out and I lost UMA support.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

PIN/ID
    22d7e6bc
    Ok I feel stupid right now, someone remind me how to get service books resent.

Just for your info, I have been working at afew diffrent schools, remodeling, so it must be my berryt not letting me into the wifi
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Open browser, T-mobile bookmarks, manage internet email, select help.

PIN/ID
    22d7e6bc
    im on att and there isnt anything in the e-mail management that has to do with service books
    22d7e6bc

Check in settings, manage internet email. You might also be able to log into your att bis page and resend them from there.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Go to options>advanced Options>Browser change your default browser config to HotSpot Browser
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.