Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks guys for the ton of useful info in this thread. I too was apprehensive ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chendanbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Thanks guys for the ton of useful info in this thread. I too was apprehensive about the lack of 3G on the 8900 and you put things in perspective.

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chendanbb View Post
    Thanks guys for the ton of useful info in this thread. I too was apprehensive about the lack of 3G on the 8900 and you put things in perspective.
    No worries. A BlackBerry is a big investment and shouldn't be taken lightly. If more people were like you there wouldn't be as many returns.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraBear View Post
    This is definitely the case with the 8900. It's about as fast on EDGE as the Bold on 3G. Honestly.
    On the topic of BlackBerrys on EDGE, I've done my own comparison against other phones I own running on EDGE. RIM has been quite successful in optimizing the BlackBerry to run fast on EDGE, it's much faster than any other phone I have.

Now with my Bold updated to .210 it's speed has increased so that it's in the upper range & comparable to my fastest 3G phones. When I do a side by side comparison between my 8310 vs my 9000 loading various web pages, I find the Curve closer to the Bold than I would have imagined prior to doing this comparison. Then when we factor in what KaraBear said about the 8900 being even faster than the 8310, this new Curve promises to be one very fast & exciting BlackBerry.

sent via BlackBerry Bold #6

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    On the topic of BlackBerrys on EDGE, I've done my own comparison against other phones I own running on EDGE. RIM has been quite successful in optimizing the BlackBerry to run fast on EDGE, it's much faster than any other phone I have.

Now with my Bold updated to .210 it's speed has increased so that it's in the upper range & comparable to my fastest 3G phones. When I do a side by side comparison between my 8310 vs my 9000 loading various web pages, I find the Curve closer to the Bold than I would have imagined prior to doing this comparison. Then when we factor in what KaraBear said about the 8900 being even faster than the 8310, this new Curve promises to be one very fast & exciting BlackBerry.

Put it this way : you need to get one and experience it first hand

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Put it this way : you need to get one and experience it first hand
    LMAO....just what I needed to hear ...

~(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    LMAO....just what I needed to hear ...

~(wap.pinstack.com)~
    haha Leonard its up to you to now tell me when to pull the trigger

priest_spy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A5F6DD
    I just try both Bold and 8900. Finally, i keep 8900 and say goodbye to Bold.

I like 8900 design. It's manly and sweet. It's suitable for me. Bold is too big.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by priest_spy View Post
    I just try both Bold and 8900. Finally, i keep 8900 and say goodbye to Bold.

I like 8900 design. It's manly and sweet. It's suitable for me. Bold is too big.
    I like both devices i like the leather back on the bold and that the keys are much nicer. It was harder coming from the bold to the javelin with the key board raised up. Keyboards alot like the 8310. I do love the camera on the javelin is very clear but i still dont like how it has the mini usb as all my cables are micro usb.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Again, trust me, a Blackberry on EDGE is close or superior to some other devices on 3G.

I agree. I test my pearl against an Iphone 3g, I was a second behind and I was running OS 4.2.

3g has its perks But it is not all that and a bag of chips.

But it is outstanding when it come to the wireless broadband cards. It is almost as fast at DSL.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only thing I suffer from the lack of 3G on my 8900 is my boyfriend rubbing his stupid iphone in my face. But it doesn't matter, I'd choose any Blackberry over the iphone ANY day
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

Rafkin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a BOLD on 3G and my wife has the 8900 on EDGE. I use both and I don't notice any big difference in speed. I do not receive alot of emails while talking on the phone (guess I am not that popular) so that is not a big deal for me. I like the camera on the 8900 but I much prefer the feel on the BOLD in my hands. If I had to stick to just one it would be the BOLD hands down, I just find the 8900 a little small for my likings. I too find the mini USB to be a real pain since all our chargers are micro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12