Can anyone help me please ? I just let the download for BB Desktop Manager ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

8900 .v. DM 5 - Calendar Sync issues !!!

Advertisement

Can anyone help me please ? I just let the download for BB Desktop Manager 5 complete, then plugged in my BB 8900 for sync - I sync with MS Outlook. Everything was normal (and seemed much faster than it was with the previous DM version), until it got to the Calendar entries. It asked my permission to delete 848 entries on my MS Outlook calendar !

Utterly spooked by this, I looked at the "Detail" and found that there were future as well as past entries up for deletion. I rejected this and unplugged the BB. I then checked for duplicate entries on both BB and Outlook, suspecting this might be the reason for such a huge mass-deletion. There were none.

Is this what we get for the new DM Version 5 ?!? My entire calendar would have been wiped out !! Unless I am missing something here. Can someone please enlighten me. Many thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    What did you set as the direction of the update. You can give priority to calendar, address book and memo pad individually. Make sure you have those settings the way you want them. There is also a conflict resolution under "advanced" that you probably should set to "notify me..."
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Hi - thanks for your reply. I didn't know the "priority" would make a difference - and nothing has been manually changed since the last successful sync with the old DM V.4.6. Obviously it is still asking my permission before it does anything and I have set up the sync according to my preferences. It has left alone any Outlook entries prior to 366 days ago, as I specified; however, this still doesn't explain why the BB wants to wipe out Outlook's diary for the last year and for trhe year ahead.

Another persistent problem, just in case this is related, is that it seems to be duplicating anniversary entries i.e. some birthdays are now entered up to FIVE times on the same date. Doesn't make sense.

Must be software errors, surely.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Check your settings in Options>Advanced Options>Default Services. Make sure those settings are your Outlook settings, specifically the CICAL (calendar) setting.

If you have no calendar entries on your BB and all your entries are now on Outlook AND your preference is to give priority to the BB when you sync, it'll try to delete all the stuff on Outlook.

There's a calendar setting that causes repeat dates (like birthdays, etc.) every year. Maybe checking your calendar settings a little closer will resolve that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks again.

My BB and Outlook calendars were both fine until the new DM v.5.0.0.11 download today. I have not changed anything.

I don't understand the detail re: Calendar settings, so would not know how to check Outlook. But as I say nothing was changed and I have never had this problem before, despite having had 4 different models of BB working fine on both home and office PCs over the last 2 years.

Not sure where to go from here. I regularly sync my 8330 and 8900 with Outlook but I'm using DM 4.6. I have the priorities set differently for each one because of where I keep the master info but it recognizes the settings automatically and simply does the sync.

Maybe it's the new DM.

Maybe another user who has the DM 5.0 can chime in and help you better than I can.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Thanks again.

My BB and Outlook calendars were both fine until the new DM v.5.0.0.11 download today. I have not changed anything.

I don't understand the detail re: Calendar settings, so would not know how to check Outlook. But as I say nothing was changed and I have never had this problem before, despite having had 4 different models of BB working fine on both home and office PCs over the last 2 years.
    Sorry, I meant for you to check those settings on your 8900.

I also downloaded the new DM 5.0. Usually when downloading a new version, you have to reset all the synchronization settings, especially if you uninstall the previous version. You didn't have to do that with this new version?