Hi All, Wondering if anyone els is having this issue. The unread message indicator only ... BlackBerry Curve forum

damorec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20732FDD

8900 Unread Message Indicator

Advertisement

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone els is having this issue. The unread message indicator only appears if the handheld is unlocked. If the device is locked, the indicator disappears. The only thing I can do is set the LED indicator to flash red whenever I have a new email...seems dumb.

Any ideas?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by damorec View Post
    Hi All,

Wondering if anyone els is having this issue. The unread message indicator only appears if the handheld is unlocked. If the device is locked, the indicator disappears. The only thing I can do is set the LED indicator to flash red whenever I have a new email...seems dumb.

Any ideas?
    If you are using a custom theme; try using a regular theme to see if the problem is still there.

It could be the theme. Some custom theme has glitches.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you have an 8900 curve or an 8310? if 8310, then what planneau says is correct... but if 8900, no theme compatibility as of yet, so maybe a reset?

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    You must be using the Prevision Silver theme. This bug must be a function of the theme as the Precision Zen theme doesn't do that, but I can confirm that the indicators go away (SMS and email) when it locks on the Precision Silver theme. I was making the LED blink when I had messages because I thought it was a bug or a 'feature' or something, but now that I switched back to the Precision Zen theme, the indicators appear when it's locked.