Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by jzarowitz i hear ya... i agree with most of what you said ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    i hear ya... i agree with most of what you said too. my comments come from the fact that since the 8900 is such a better phone than the 8320, it will probably take sales from the 8320, not the other way around. as such, whats the point of att launching the 8320 with the 8900 so close, supposedly, on its tail. ya know?
    You are applying very good logic, which to a certain degree I agree with. However there is no logic to what a large company like either RIM or AT&T do these days in this competitive market place. Here is why:

1) AT&T procrastinated in getting the 8320 into the lineup.
    It's the very same model that T-Mobile got _First_ but AT&T being Anti-Wi-Fi until just recently, held RIM at bay. Then in the 11th hour ordered these phones. Then warehoused them and now they must sell them.

2) Take Notice T-Mobile Fans: I'm _Not_being pro AT&T here, I'm simply reporting as it is and giving CREDIT TO T-Mobile for embracing Wi-Fi long before AT&T.
    In fact it was well over a year to be factual, which was long before the T-Mobile @ Home program. T-Mobile in many ways has been more progressive than AT&T, however they do not have the massive amount of cash and other resources that AT&T does, therefore they are unable to bring to market many of the technologies they are working on, as fast as AT&T can. A perfect example being the 3G network. At some point T-Mobile will have a very good 3G network, they would have already had it built out, had they had the resources.

3) Like you said above:
    "the 8900 is such a better phone than the 8320"

To which I say.... YOU are 100% correct and I could not agree more. This is the precise reason that it does make sense for them to have both. It gives consumers a choice as many will still prefer the 8320. That may not make sense to some but it makes a lot of sense to me. I personally find them both very nice and good for their respective capabilities.

So at the end of the day you are right, to a certain degree and then again when you see the counterpoint I have introduced I believe you will see that my perspective makes sense as well. Furthermore from my viewpoint, I could care less, as long as RIM sells lots of BlackBerrys then we all win.

Cheers...

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    So what happened to At&t soft launch of the Javelin on 12/22? Instead they unveiled the 8320. I personally could care less since I am with Tmo, just curious....

Quote Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
    So what happened to At&t soft launch of the Javelin on 12/22? Instead they unveiled the 8320. I personally could care less since I am with Tmo, just curious....
    Actually the launch of the 8320 and 8900 are two very different events. Therefore by getting the 8320 out as they have, now they can focus on the 8900 and it will not be very much longer. Even though they are both Curves there are still a lot of people that prefer the older model, and do not need the extra features and benefits the new 8900 offers.

As I understand it, they are pushing hard to reduce their inventory of 8320's that they sat on for some time before offering them for sale. I have both a personal account and a corporate account, and I can share with you that they are pushing them hard. Even internally, AT&T dates don't mean much until the last possible minute. Therefore the fact that they did not release on the 22nd didn't surprise me. Conversely had they released it as we thought that would not have surprised me either. Also rumor has it that T-Mobile may release first, as they are very hungry to get in on the party. So anything is possible presently.

Personally I hope that T-Mobile does get it launched first since they have not had anything significant to launch since the G1. By getting the Curve out first, they would grab some much needed headlines and gain more credibility with their customers. Finally this would focus the spot light of the press on them which enhances the competition. A benefit for everyone.

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    Makes sense Arch... I guess time will tell Plus, I am happy with my Bold for now! As always, thanks for the informative responses!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
    Makes sense Arch... I guess time will tell Plus, I am happy with my Bold for now! As always, thanks for the informative responses!!!!
    Thanks for the kind words.

I too really love my Bold. This is one of those models that had to grow on me. I am now so completely happy with it that I plan to make it my full time main BlackBerry, and center my entire BB experience around this model.

Cheers...

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    YES! t-mob in february...right when i get my upgrade. this phone is made for me p.s love the new pinstack look.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Internal tmobile sites have conferred Feb 28th

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Feb 28th and then announce the 3G version at WES in May? Interesting timelines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123