Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Alright I'm seriously having some trouble upgrading. I have .114 (which came on my device) ... BlackBerry Curve forum

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Alright I'm seriously having some trouble upgrading. I have .114 (which came on my device) I'm trying to upgrade and it keeps giving me an error that "A fatal error has occured while updating your device's software. Please try again." Can anyone help me?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    try clearing the browser cache prior to upsate
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)
    Does this update fix the no word-wrap thing that sucks?

I wish I had the guts to go to 5.0, but I still don't know how stable it is.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
    Does this update fix the no word-wrap thing that sucks?

I wish I had the guts to go to 5.0, but I still don't know how stable it is.
    No, it doesn't.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

c21celia no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF477A
    Well i uploaded the DM 5.0 and the new 4.6.1.231. I have to say the volume on this phone now is PHENOMENAL and the battery life works better i have to say. It took a bit for me to do but once done AWESOME! thanks MStrawder for you help.

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Quote Originally Posted by c21celia View Post
    Well i uploaded the DM 5.0 and the new 4.6.1.231. I have to say the volume on this phone now is PHENOMENAL and the battery life works better i have to say. It took a bit for me to do but once done AWESOME! thanks MStrawder for you help.
    Totally agree
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

danny v no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AFF1C6
    Downloaded and installed last night!took a while but was well worth the wait!!!check it out stackers don't miss out on this upgrade!

danny v no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AFF1C6
    The big question those have who probably haven't upgraded yet...does the audio speaker improve?...yes!its an extreme enhancement..volume is now actually "loud" without and without compromising the clarity.also becomes very clear.second question..does battery life improve?..once again that would be a yes!..usually i am messaging and texting like crazy nonstop which i would find would kill my battery power very quickly.last night i messaged nonstop from 3 am to 4:50 am and my battery stayed at 30% the whole time!i checked it every 20 minutes or so just to be sure so trust me this upgrade is serious!

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinetteL3 View Post
    Alright I'm seriously having some trouble upgrading. I have .114 (which came on my device) I'm trying to upgrade and it keeps giving me an error that "A fatal error has occured while updating your device's software. Please try again." Can anyone help me?
    I had the same dang problem yesterday. I tried a couple different machines and still nothing. I lost some sleep on this. I was using DM 4.7, which was the latest on TMO site. I decided to upgrade to DM 5.0 by clicking on check upgrade in the DM. Now the upgrade went through without an issue. Give that a shot.

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by danny v View Post
    The big question those have who probably haven't upgraded yet...does the audio speaker improve?...yes!~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I agree. The speakerphone has greatly improved. Its louder and it not so choppy.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    So was this update only to inprove volume and battery life?

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Applied this update and main difference to me is improved speaker: volume and clarity. Haven't really noticed any improvement in battery drain, but it certainly is no worse.

I was hoping the UMA improvements they listed would fix a problem I have where if I leave a WiFi zone then come back later, sometimes it won't switch back to UMA. Once that happens, WiFi isn't picked up again until I reboot the 8900. Hoping update would fix that, but it didn't.

misslemos no está en línea Stack level 1
    I need help. My device came with what looks like os 4.6. I spent a lot of time last time trying to upgrade, and on dm 4.7 it says I have upgraded, but my device 4still says 4.6?!
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

misslemos no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh, I even see on that little tag line under my post, I guess I did upgrade! Haha! Weird. Well, good I didn't waste my time. Maybe I'll try a battery pull or something
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345