Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

.168 and .174 are not official. The .152 is official and the ringtones were loud. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

.168 and .174 are not official. The .152 is official and the ringtones were loud. You can try that one. It can be found on the Official 8900 OS thread
    __
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Spider_Tuc View Post
    Ok, I've had my BB8900 for over three weeks and I love it. BUT!!!!

My wife has a BB8320 and it seems that her phone has a louder speaker when comes to ringers/notification tones.

I’ve tested this theory by setting up both phone side by side with the same exact settings playing the same exact audio file. My wife and I are certain that the BB8320 is louder then my BB8900.

I need my BB890 speaker louder for ringers/notification tones as I work/play around noisy equipment/toys.

Please help?

Any soft mods that can made to increase my speaker volume?

Thanks
    Spider

If you are getting your songs off your iTunes library, i would suggest you highlight whichever songs you want louder, right click (or in Mac hold down your ctrl button and click) to open up the tab options. Click on "get info" and keep checking the tabs until you see the Loudness option. Set that to the highest, and that usually boosts up the volume of the songs by 100%. Then take that newly tweaked song file and add that to your BB and delete the old file. Hope this helps!

Spider_Tuc no está en línea Stack level 2
    pdxmatts - I am in the process of updating my OS to .152. I just have a few questions.

1. I didn't see anywhere about the benefits in updating to .152 besides "
    ringtones were loud". So what are the other benefits are there?

2. pdxmatts - do have an BB 8900 if so what OS?

3. Any security risk with using none carrier OS's?

If any one could point me in the right direction or provide feedback it would appreciated.
    Thx, Spider
    Spider

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    pdxmatts - I am in the process of updating my OS to .152. I just have a few questions.

1. I didn't see anywhere about the benefits in updating to .152 besides "
    ringtones were loud". So what are the other benefits are there?

2. pdxmatts - do have an BB 8900 if so what OS?

3. Any security risk with using none carrier OS's?

If any one could point me in the right direction or provide feedback it would appreciated.
    Thx, Spider
    Hi Spider, I do have an 8900 and I am running the beta .174.. I did try the .152 and the ringtones were much loader than .174. I had issues with .152 not being able to view youtube and no camera flash. I just wanted to let you know that .152 has louder rings, but I think .174 is a way better OS and that is just my opinion.

Spider_Tuc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Cano, I haven't used my iTunes for ringtone/our editing my existing audio files. I will consider looking into importing my audio files and editing them. Thanks for the suggestion.

I do have a audio program, which I can't recall the name right now but allows me to adjust the gain of the audio file.

I will play with it and report back.

Spider
    P.S. I think everyone suggestions is getting closer to resolving my issue. Thnaks for the help Stackers...

Quote Originally Posted by Cano View Post
    If you are getting your songs off your iTunes library, i would suggest you highlight whichever songs you want louder, right click (or in Mac hold down your ctrl button and click) to open up the tab options. Click on "get info" and keep checking the tabs until you see the Loudness option. Set that to the highest, and that usually boosts up the volume of the songs by 100%. Then take that newly tweaked song file and add that to your BB and delete the old file. Hope this helps!
    Spider

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Cano, I haven't used my iTunes for ringtone/our editing my existing audio files. I will consider looking into importing my audio files and editing them. Thanks for the suggestion.

I do have a audio program, which I can't recall the name right now but allows me to adjust the gain of the audio file.

I will play with it and report back.

Spider
    P.S. I think everyone suggestions is getting closer to resolving my issue. Thnaks for the help Stackers...
    Always glad i can help Spider. This trick worked for me when using my iPod shuffle. The original volume on the shuffle was very low and through this method i made it extremely loud lol Atleast now i can adjust it to a comfortable volume without worrying about not being able to enjoy the music i paid for. If you wanted to cut the length of the song or start and end at a specific part of the song, you are also able to accomplish this by toggling the start and end feature in the same menu you found the volume control in (ex: Start = 1:32 End = 2:02 . So you only listen to the part of the song you want as a ringtone instead of just the beginning of the song. That is if the program you currently use doesn't already support this ) If you are interested in this method, let me know, and i can find the link to the site and send it to you.
    Also presets are available in this menu as well whether you want more bass or treble etc. Good luck! Let me know if you have more questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12