Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man AT&Ts lagging behind as usual/expected Originally Posted by walds11 What ... BlackBerry Curve forum

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    AT&Ts lagging behind as usual/expected
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    What about AT&T? Dang it!!!
    at&t has the bold, which is a higher model 3g phone. why would they want to essentially downgrade to this?

besides, RIM has to give each carrier their own new phone to release. too bad tmo kinda got screwed with this not coming out before the holiday.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    at&t has the bold, which is a higher model 3g phone. why would they want to essentially downgrade to this?

besides, RIM has to give each carrier their own new phone to release. too bad tmo kinda got screwed with this not coming out before the holiday.
    It's not like the 8900 is going to the their flagship model... If they were replacing the Bold, your statement would hold true. But the 8900 is going to be a notch below the Bold. And TMO did get a new phone, the 8220. Just so happens that it's not as popular as it should've been...lol.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    ATT is having problems. It's well publicized that their EDGE network is overloaded at times and they don't want to add to it. In fact they won't let you switch your Bold from 3g to EDGE for that very reason. They are switching 3g phones off of EDGE to 3g not really publicizing it but it's happening. I don't think they'll release the 8900 at all until they fix their problem. Data went out today all over the east coast. They've got some problems, they're getting worse, and they ain't exactly new either. I get the impression they're playing whack-a-mole at times.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

diverdown71 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243D4F46
    I am very happy it is coming out as soon as it is. That is if there isn't a delay. My 8320 is on its last leg~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Sweet, can't wait....too bad I don't have any upgrade to use. Gonna have to bite the bullet on this one....ouch!

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    It has wifi, and UMA ability...

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    No need to cry lol

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    It's well publicized that their EDGE network is overloaded at times

In fact they won't let you switch your Bold from 3g to EDGE for that very reason.

They are switching 3g phones off of EDGE to 3g not really publicizing it but it's happening.

I don't think they'll release the 8900 at all until they fix their problem.
    Most carriers are reaching a saturation point with old technology EDGE phones.

AT&T's being very smart in it's decision not to enhance their entire EDGE network nationwide when that would be doing backwards. Progress does not come without a few bumps along the way. If AT&T were to invest in old technology the same people that are complaining now, would then accuse them of spending on old EDGE rather than 3G.

The Bold is a modern 3G smartphone. The 8900 is an old technology EDGE phone. RIM's the one to blame for the decision to limit the 8900.

Yes AT&T is moving forward and embracing 3G. Moving 3G phones to their 3G network is simple common sense. There is no reason to stay with old technology. Soon the build out of their 3G network will be completed and the EDGE controversy will be over for AT&T.

Disappointing to those who love to bash AT&T, but great for it's customers, with modern 3G phones. There will always be those who are uncomfortable with change. Or obsessive perfectionists. However for those who are open minded and embrace change this is great news indeed.

Thanks to AT&T we will soon enjoy the full 3G experience!

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    ATT is having problems. It's well publicized that their EDGE network is overloaded at times and they don't want to add to it. In fact they won't let you switch your Bold from 3g to EDGE for that very reason. They are switching 3g phones off of EDGE to 3g not really publicizing it but it's happening. I don't think they'll release the 8900 at all until they fix their problem. Data went out today all over the east coast. They've got some problems, they're getting worse, and they ain't exactly new either. I get the impression they're playing whack-a-mole at times.
    I guess they're right in thinking that getting RID of EDGE is a right way to get rid if it's problems, but that transition seems to be difficult to say the very least based on the last two weeks, and may prove to be be a complete nightmare for current EDGE customers. We'll see how it pans out, watching the release of the 8900 and the coming months...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Most carriers are reaching a saturation point with old technology EDGE phones.

And yet, they still dont have decent coverage in many, many rural areas, and even quite a few not-so-rural ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    And yet, they still dont have decent coverage in many, many rural areas, and even quite a few not-so-rural ones.
    So true, I can certainly agree with that. I travel by car & air, and when on a road trip I do indeed notice areas with less than stellar coverage. What this transition reminds me of, is when the carriers were migrating from analog to digital. There were all the issues we are experiencing now and the same reaction from frustrated customers. At the end of the day it's progress, even if slow and erratic. The 3G migration will be very worthwhile however, as there are far more benefits to 3G than any prior technology.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I am looking forward to getting the 8900. Of course I will miss my purple and blue 8320. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    I am looking forward to getting the 8900. Of course I will miss my purple and blue 8320. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The good news is after the Bold and Storm, perhaps RIM will deliver this one with a more stable and usable OS. They certainly have had learning opportunities based on the trial and error those of us with Bold & Storm models have endured. If they (RIM) are paying any attention, they are aware of the OS swapping madness that has been going on....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Or they should have just did what Rogers has done and migrated BEFORE the phones came out.
    Rogers has already migrated to 3G and already also UPGRADED the whole 3G network. 7.2mbps everywhere you get 3G.
    And if you dont get 3G well the Rogers Edge is trust me AMAZING.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    WHAT!!!! 256MB CARD!!!!!! The storm got a 8gb card!!!
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast