Yeah, I just got my 8900... Options ---> Screen/Keyboard ---> Backlight Timeout --> 10 seconds. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

8900 Screen Light doesnt turn off?

Advertisement

Yeah, I just got my 8900... Options ---> Screen/Keyboard ---> Backlight Timeout --> 10 seconds.

and screen still doesnt turn off, my battery is getting drained like crazy.
    Even when I press the mute button to go to stand-by it dims and turns off but after about a minute it randomly turns back on even if i didnt get a text/email/ or call...

Anyone else having this problem??
    I lost my leather pouch so I can keep it in force stand by anymore....

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    With the 8900, the screen will turn back on if you hit any buttons, even if it is in standby. It does this to show you the message that lets you know that it is in standby and not OFF.
    -Tim

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE
    Yeah I know, Im not hitting any buttons. My phone will just be sitting on the table and the screen will just turn on and stay on even if I dont touch it or recieve anything at all.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    ~via smartphone~golly! First and foremost have ya tried a battery pull? Or reset? If that doesn't work I'm guessing the phones basically brand new? So head on over to the store ya bought it for an exchange

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a new 8900 from T-Mobile USA. Standby seems to work as it should. If you hit the Lock, Mute, Send, Menu, Escape or End keys the screen will briefly light up again but the phone seems to go right back into standby. Can I still receive calls, email and text messages while in standby?

David
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by singleguy View Post
    I have a new 8900 from T-Mobile USA. Standby seems to work as it should. If you hit the Lock, Mute, Send, Menu, Escape or End keys the screen will briefly light up again but the phone seems to go right back into standby. Can I still receive calls, email and text messages while in standby?

David
    Yes, you will still be able to get everything while in standby.
    -Tim

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Check if your phone is still in bedside mode. I noticed it won't sleep at all if its left in bedside. Not sure why.