Okay guys, you're the only ones that have been able to assist when I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

siver no está en línea Stack level 3

8900 - Screen/Keyboard

Advertisement

Okay guys, you're the only ones that have been able to assist when I have issues with my Curve and here's another one. No point in contacting Rogers, b/c their first and usually, only answer, is to wipe the handheld. They say they don't support 3rd party apps and that's the main reason behind all my problems. I'm really tired of hearing that...and that's where you all come in. I trust you all implicitly. Wish you all were techies for Rogers and RIM!

Here's the latest issue: My Backlight timeout isn't working. Usually within seconds, it turns off. Makes no diff if I set to 30 secs, 45 secs, 2 minutes or 10 seconds. It constantly goes dark. Of course I can just hit a button or any part of the keyboard and it comes back on immediately, but that's a total pain in the you know where! As long as I'm moving the ball or the back key, I'm fine but if I don't...DARKNESS! It seems like a tiny issue, but trust me, it's not.

Anyway, long story short, they say it's a software corruption and to completely redo my O/S. I just hate the thought of having to go through the hassle of red/l'ing my third party apps (and no, I don't have that many), setting them all up again, getting my profiles straightened up, b/c if any of you are like me, I have profiles set up with various tones, which took me forever to get them, just perfect.

So, please help...everything else (knock wood) is working beautifully...just this one simple PITA issue. Thanks for your responses in advance...you guys are da best!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    To be honest I would say to reload the OS also, how long has this been going on for? I suppose you have done battery pulls?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    To be honest I would say to reload the OS also, how long has this been going on for? I suppose you have done battery pulls?
    Yessir, done a bunch of battery pulls.This has been happening for the last week or so. I know, eventually, I'll have to do an O/S reload...I just hate the thought of redoing everything!

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You can do a backup you know and restore it after

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

You can do a backup you know and restore it after
    Except all the 3rd party apps will have to be redone and won't I lose some, if not all, the data belonging to those apps?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yeah you will lose data apps, registration keys and such will have to be entered in again. It suck but we all have to do it sometime

Truth + Clarity = Power

Yeah you will lose data apps, registration keys and such will have to be entered in again. It suck but we all have to do it sometime
    That's what I didn't want to have to do...the apps, the profiles with all the pretty ring tones, everything set up exactly the way I like it, etc...

Thanks for all your help and motivation. I'll do it...eventually...

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    have your tried disabling the auto dim function all together?

Truth + Clarity = Power

It's not the auto dim function...unfortunately, it's the Backlight Timeout that isn't working, *sigh*.

chyjinx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A644FF
    Your in Bedside mode! Go into Clock, and hit the BB Menu button and "Exit Bedside mode".

Edit: Let me know if that was the issue!
    Last edited by chyjinx; 12-17-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Nope, not in Bedside Mode either, b/c when I go there, it says "ENTER Bedside Mode".

These are great suggestions so far, keep em coming. Anything from having to restore the whole thing, I'm willing to try.

...and have I mentioned a big thank you to everyone?? You guys keep trying, no matter what and it is truly appreciated!
    Last edited by siver; 12-17-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: typo...

chyjinx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A644FF
    If you were NOT IN Bedside mode it would say "Enter Bedside mode", if it says "Exit Bedside mode" then you indeed in it!

Bedside mode dims the phone within 3 to 5 seconds.

Edit: Unless ofcourse you mis-typed it and it actually say's "Enter Bedside mode"
    .c.hyjinx.

Oops, my bad...meant to say, it says "Enter Bedside Mode"...

Sorry about that.