Would those with the 8900 please comment on the reception - especially compared with the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

fmcgirt no está en línea Stack level 1

8900 Reception

Advertisement

Would those with the 8900 please comment on the reception - especially compared with the 8320. And also the voice quality.

Thanks.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Speaking as an owner of an 8320, I would expect the new Curve 8900 to be quite similar. Since both run on EDGE, there is no difference there.

3G brings improved call clarity with it due to the nature of that technology. The second generation Curve 89xx is confirmed to include 3G.

Let's not forget that any phones call quality is only as good as the signal it received. Therefore it's of utmost importance that you use the best carrier with the strongest signal in your area. That is the most important consideration of all.

sent via BlackBerry Bold
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

fmcgirt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the response but I guess I was looking for some real 8900 hands-on experience and comparisons. I too have a 8320 and live in a fringe reception area so I was hoping someone would report on the 8900 radio and how it performed - dropping calls, calls going to voicemail, etc. I am afraid because of lots of variation in hardware and software between the 8900 and 8320 that just saying both have EDGE is not adequate. Also there is no 3G on TMO in my area so that doesn't matter.

Frank

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    reception seemed fine to me. nothing different from my previous 8310. pretty clear.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+