Hi guys, I was hoping that there might be someone who can help me out ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gpz900ra7 no está en línea Stack level 1

8900 problem.

Advertisement

Hi guys,
    I was hoping that there might be someone who can help me out with a problem I am having with an 8900 Curve.

When I insert the battery into the handset the red led lights up as usual and when it goes out the loader starts to appear but very faint on the screen, then after about a second it disappears and it starts all over again, and continues doing this until the battery is removed.

As far as I know the OS is at least 5.0 but apart from that I have no idea what is on the phone.

I have tried loads of different ways to try and load an OS but when it gets to the stage when it says "Wait for device initialization" the process is interupted because of the constant rebooting of the handset and the message "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation" shows up.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be great.

Cheers guys.

Shaun.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm bumping this request to first page, hoping someone in the know comes and help.
    Someone ? Let's help the buddy please.

Cheers delfim.

Shaun.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey Shuan, before you tried re-loading the OS, did you do a wipe with BBSAK or JL_CMDR?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Hey Shuan, before you tried re-loading the OS, did you do a wipe with BBSAK or JL_CMDR?
    Hi chokem, indeed I did, and also with "Crackmem" too, and still the same result, it disconnects when it gets to the part mentioned above.

Thanks.

Shaun.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    It sounds like you have serious trouble. I wish I could help you more, maybe a device expert will chime in. If BBSAK doesnt wipe it and allow a fresh install, I really don't know.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    If the 8900 is within guarantee I suggest take it back and they'll will have ways to reinstall the original OS.
    Have you tried that?

Its an old phone that I'm trying to fix up for someone so the option of returning it to a place of purchase is long gone, ;o)

Shaun.