Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just noticed that on my 8900 the keyboard seems a bit loose. Basically I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

8900 - keyboard loose??

Advertisement

I just noticed that on my 8900 the keyboard seems a bit loose.
    Basically I'm able to shift the whole keyboard up or down a millimetre
    or so, and when I push a little more, the whole unit (the plastic
    around the keyboard and what's around the trackball incl. the 4
    buttons) seems to be slightly movable too.
    Maybe this is normal, its just that I have never noticed it before...
    I have to add that the bb fell out of my pocket the other day,
    but only on the carpet, so it couldn't really have caused any
    damage - I hope!

Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe that's the way they're built
    these days?

Any comments on this?

Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Mine does not move around.. Not sure I could live with that. I have read that others have complained of that as well.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    My keyboard wiggles a little bit... not sure if it's as much as a millimeter though.

I'm not sure about the other pieces moving though, I have BSE applied so that might have something to do with it.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's normal. I never noticed either until someone mentioned.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Yep mine moves a little up and down along with the four buttons next to the trackball. Never really noticed until it was brought to my attention!! Thanks!! ;-)

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks, seems I'm not the only one... Well, as long as
    everything keeps working as nicely as is it is at the moment
    I might just forget about it!

trinidude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    Yep very well normal... Even on older models..

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

may be common, but not normal..

I am about to send my 3rd 8900 back to T-mobile for a another new one. Each one had various differing problems. They all had loose battery covers, the third one being the least loose of the three. The first one was unfortunately equipped with the loosest keyboard and battery cover. When typing the whole device felt like it was being squuezed together and flexed apart.

The second 8900 had a very tight keybaord with absolutely no shifting. Teh problem with this one was that the black shiny surface material located between the keys was not fully glued down. Every time you tounched the esposed shiny black surface down in each lower corner, the phone would make creaking sounds. This occured while typing as well (very annoying). The worst part about this phone was how probably 3 out of 5 times if you press the end or call keys, the 'p' and '+' keys or the 'q' keys would be activated. At first, I thought this was caused by my large thumbs hitting the keys by accident. Upon further testing, it turns out that the other keys would activate when not being pressed.

My third 8900 has the loose keyboard again. I was willing to live with it this time, but now its activiating the 'q', '+', and 'p' keys just like my 2nd 8900 would do. Only this time the keyboard was loose (at least the shiny black surface/backing was not rising up again.

A new keyboard issue has developed in the 3rd device as well...
    When I press down on the top half of the send and call keys, the keys stick, and they sit out of flush with the other keys. Its as if the top edge of the keys get stuck under the screen's edging. Well, Back it goes!

I am not going to stop until I get a solidly built 8900 curve. Based on PDXmatts experience, I think it is safe to say that the loose and wobbly keyboard is not normal yet is appearing to be more common than previously realized.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'd like to say these are accidents... But when you read about this everyday, its seems more and more obvious that the devices are getting flimsier... My 8700g was rock solid... I actually (accidentally) dropped it down a flight of stairs, and it made it all the way down and out and was still in one piece, just a minor scratch or two... And these were marble stairs...

exene no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    Mine wiggles a bit too

soccer6_10 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine wiggles a tiny bit also. It's only like a millimeter or so. The other one I ordered does that too.

sting.kl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FB3200

sting.kl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FB3200
    The keyboard keys are tight for me, but they're raised a little unevenly. What's loose is the flimsy back cover. The rattling is driving me mad.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sting.kl View Post
    The keyboard keys are tight for me, but they're raised a little unevenly. What's loose is the flimsy back cover. The rattling is driving me mad.
    The jiggling battery cover? Click below for some quick fixes:

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=102410

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Sent back my 3rd Blackberry on Tuesday 3rd, and I am now without a blackberry. The fourth 8900 is still on backorder even though they reassured me more times than once that it would be here by tomorrow (still no tracking info on UPS.com).

So I found out that T-mobile has them in stock, its just that the service center I called was out of stock. I also found out that if I wanted to, I could cancel that order and then place a new order from a different service center which has the 8900 in stock. The only problem with doing this is that the cancelation does not go into full effect until 24 hours after I confirm the cancelation. Durring that 24 hour time period, if the canceled order ships or arrives, I will have to ship it back before the new order gets placed. If I had decided to cancel my order last night, and then waited until tongiht only to find out that the other one shipped, it would mean that I would have to wait another week or more to get the right order (and then I would have to deal with weather I got a poorly built 8900 or not).

Well I just checked UPS.com, and the 8900 has not been listed as shipped. I could call back t-mobile and cancel right now, but then I run the risk of having to wait longer if they decide to ship it out tomorrow anyways. If I wait and they don't ship it out tomorrow, then who knows how long I might be waiting? I'm jonesin for my Blackberry and I don't know what to do!

I'm getting the t-mobile run-around!!!!

But on the other hand, they did change my minutes-plan to Unlimited voice minutes 24/7 for only 49.99 a month!! niiiice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast