Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi, I have a problem. I got an UNLOCKED BlackBerry CURVE 8900 I am able ... BlackBerry Curve forum

israeldiaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8900 is it possible that my pin is registered in other network mobile

Advertisement

hi, I have a problem.
    I got an UNLOCKED BlackBerry CURVE 8900

I am able to send and recive perfectly PIN MESSAGES from my BB 8900 when it's conneted to a WI-FI NETWORK but

when my BB 8900 is conneted thru my MOBILE NETWORK something rare happens,

1) I can still send perfectly PIN MESSAGES as usual but I am UNABLE TO RECIVE from other users
    2) I CAN NOT Log in Facebook app and Windows Live Messenger
    3) I CAN'T recive my emails
    I wondering IS IT POSSIBLE THAT MY PIN IS REGISTERED IN OTHER NETWORK MOBILE although my SMARTPHONE is unlocked?

Gracias

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    PIN messages go thru the Blackberry servers and is a free service provided by RIM and is not carrier dependent. Do you have a data plan with your carrier? Is your curve registered on your carriers network? Try resending your service books. What carrier do you have?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Its not possible to send a pin message unless you've got a bb data plan... So therefore ?israeldiaz must have a data plan...

As far as it not working on the mobile network but working over wifi, have you checked to see if you have data coverage in the area where you're trying this? Is the EDGE in caps or small letters? Or the "G" in 3g is samll or caps...

If its in small letters it means that you're not receiving data, and caps means you are...

Let us know and we'll take it from there...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Hello Mr.Papag and Mr. Reddrvgon, Thank you for your Kindness and take your time to try to helpme with your answers

Yes I have a data plan and my curve is registered in my carriers network. My carrier Network is DIGITEL (venezuela)

Mr. Reddrvgon effectively I have a Data Plan with DIGITEL and the coverage in the area where I live is Full besides the words EDGE is in Caps Letters but unfortunately my curve 8900 can't operate in 3G bands

Obviously I have gone to my Carrier Network to solve the problem and the only answers has been, "Take off the Battery of our device wait a few minutes and put the battery again and try to use the blackberry services".

Any other suggestion?

Muchas Gracias

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Israel,

Go into Options>Advanced Options>TCP. Compare the settings in there with what you find here when you enter your country and carrier.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    rogro, recieving pin messages shouldnt have anything to do with the apn settings... yes it could take care of the other applications that arent functioning, but not the PINs

and subsequently, facebook and messenger dont have the option to run off the apn, and ive used them without...

so here's what im guessing... do you think this may be a defective device? because if he does have blackberry data service, atleast bis, then all these apps should function without the need of an apn, and obviously the pins as well...

lemme know what you think...
    i see RED...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm thinking service books. Had some of the same issues (except for messenger, never used) and just re-sent worked fine. If memory serves I think I've seen same issue before, though can't find.
    As well, every time I've upgraded OS I've had to resend them and reset APN settings. Unlocked 89 on at&t.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    interesting thought and definately a possibility... lets see what happens when we get some feedback...
    i see RED...

Ah, I thought the Service Book thing had already been mentioned. Guess I needa spend a little more time reading.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    You mentioned it, but wasn't clear if he actually took that advice. I've learned that talking to tech doesn't guarantee that the user actually has them sent. Didn't mean to steal your idea, mainly highlight it.

Hello all;

I´m sorry if I wasn´t clear or haven´t answered any one of your questions. The latest news is that I went to my network carrier (Digitel) and after a lot of tests and thoughts, I had to leave my device with them. They are going to do a software update as that seems to the cause (so they say). They sent the service books but to no avail.... it didn´t seem to be the problem. In fact everything was checked (as to service) and all aparently all is OK. So their remaining option is software update before thinking of it being physically defective.

I appreciate your help everyone..... it good to know you´re there!

P.S. Tomorrow, Tuesday, I should get it back and I´ll let you know what happened.

Thanks

Muchas Gracias
    Israel

Well, shoot, Israel. We could've walked you through doing the upgrade yourself.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol... Yea... Most of us here do the software upgrades on our own, and there's a ton of instructional how to guides to get it done...

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

They are right

We are all blackberry addicts on the bleeding edge. Someone here is always willing to help.....

I apologize for my late response...

The problem was fixed my Blackberry works perfectly... The carrier network had to reinstall the software again. apparently there was a corrupted files in the OS. (so they say, who knows).
    So, it was a pleasure to share with you this case because in the future It could help someone else with the same problem.

Thanks a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast