Hey, everyone. I am the 8100 user. Been tempted to switch to full QWERTY for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Luterko no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8900 - is it worth it?

Advertisement

Hey, everyone. I am the 8100 user. Been tempted to switch to full QWERTY for a couple of times but have resisted the temptation. As i see that 9100 (the reasonable update from 8100) is little likely to enter Europe, I am considering switching to Curve 8900. So, my question is - is it worth it, or should I wait for 9100 Pearl? Of course, if it ever comes to Europe. I have also thought of going with 8520 but dropped the idea eventually. Any feedback is welcome. Thanx!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Best advise you will get is this. Choose what works for you. If you're looking for a full querty bb I guess if you're getting a deal on the 8900 go for it but if you can go for something better I'd go for a bb 9700. Now if you have some seriously huge sausage fingers I'd suggest you go with the 9000bold. Nevertheless, it s entirely up to you and what definitely works for you. Everyone keeps telling you should get the evo from sprint and I keep replying why? Because you said so? Don't be a follower and go by what people tell you. Try it out if it doesn't work for you return it and get something that suits your needs. Good luck with your choice
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    How comfortable are you with SureType? That's the question here. Since you mention you keep resisting the temptation to switch (and so have I LOL I have wanted the 8800, 8820, 9700 and the 8520) but stuck with my Pearls because of the SureType (I started with the switch from a 7730 to a 7100t). IF AND WHEN the 9100 is released to T-Mo or AT&T, I'm ditching my old 8120 LOL If not, I'll hunt down an 8520 on ebay or 9700 from either AT&T or T-Mo (if I stay with them after horrible signal problems).

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you want the best there is to offer now, I would go with the 9700. If you are able and willing to wait until later this year, I would wait and see what RIM releases under OS6.

pouit no está en línea Stack level 1
    The 9700 (currently using one) is a great phone, but the current OS can be unstable. I enjoy the phone the device, but the greatest BB's I've used are the 8300 and the 8900. They both have very stable OS and superb user experience.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not the case with the latest OS releases. 9700 has been the most stable I've ever owned using .743 release of OS5. What version are using that your phone is still unstable?

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    as a former 8100 pearl user myself, I would never go back to a suretype device.

although I did become a suretype ninja, once I switched to my 8900 I loved it.

Luterko no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you everyone for posted your opinions and experiences. Now I AM a dedicated suretype lover. I would not trade 8100 for anything but 9100. The issue is that I have been facing problems with my carrier and BIS for over a year now. It was unavailable for my device, which is why I wanted to switch to another device. Fortunately, the issue was taken care of yesterday, so now I am free to join you guys in this wonderful BB BIS community. Well, almost. My prime email account is set to yahoo, and I cannot set it up. It notes that something is wrong with my username/password. I contacted my carrier (soory, forgot to mention, my carrier is Telenor, ever heard of it? I live in Serbia, Europe) and they informed that yahoo charges for the BIS email set up. Can you imagine? How bad is that? I truly don't have any luck with my BB. Anyways, I am to contact yahoo on the issue. Thank you all once again.

pouit no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have .405

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Best advise you will get is this. Choose what works for you. If you're looking for a full querty bb I guess if you're getting a deal on the 8900 go for it but if you can go for something better I'd go for a bb 9700. Now if you have some seriously huge sausage fingers I'd suggest you go with the 9000bold. Nevertheless, it s entirely up to you and what definitely works for you. Everyone keeps telling you should get the evo from sprint and I keep replying why? Because you said so? Don't be a follower and go by what people tell you. Try it out if it doesn't work for you return it and get something that suits your needs. Good luck with your choice
    you said sausage..lol sorry had to do it...yea the 8900 is a great device! i still love mine. but my new 9700 is pretty sweet also, i do find the 9700 to be buggy which just drives me nuts but still a awesome device, oh and i think the 9700 keypad blows..8900 keypad was awesome