Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

i know my UPS guy so im about to kick his *** when i see ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Heartbreaker182 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

i know my UPS guy so im about to kick his *** when i see him.. he usually come in the morning but im happy at the fact that is around anyways not like i have to wait till Feb11th..lol

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker182 View Post
    Just wanted to say that MY BB IS OUT TO DELIVERY.....WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! omg im so excited i woke up this morning and said "just check, u never know" and Bang.. UPS was out to deliver it......omg im so excired...
    NICE! I'm glad it worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    ssnxp the white sounds awesome but the only problem is that youd have to paint in between the keys and therefore remove the keyboard from the faceplate.
    Thats the mistake that Colorware made on the 8900. Leaving the keyboard as is.
    If you CAN do that ill send you a full faceplate so you can paint it white for me. An all white 8900 .... heaven.

In the meantime, i have somebody that is coming over from Montreal to install my black bezel on the 8900 !! Cant wait !! Ill post pictures later
    The thing is, I kinda like the black contrast. Because I'll never be able to paint around the LCD, there will always be some black on it.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hmm true .... regardless im waiting to see what youre going to do lol :P

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I'm sure there will be many good choices of cases soon. Since Rogers has been selling it for some time the aftermarket has easy access to them.

~via Android Powered Agora Pro ~
    I wish. I am still using a modified 8300 case for mine. Waiting patiently for a custom case for it.

The 8300 case work except the phone is a tad thinner than the original Curve.

Katano no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Pricing

First time posting, hopefully no flames here. =)

Very interesting postings here, thanks for everybody's comments. It really helped me learn a lot about this new BlackBerry 8900 (see, I'm going to be a first time BB user). Please comment on whether you think this is a "smart move" - I know I want the 8900 for sure, but I don't know if it'll be cheaper when it does officially come out, so I called TM today and got them to document this deal in my file:

2 yr contract, $299 w/ $100 rebate. $39.99 per month for 1000 anytime minutes with unlimited wkend and free my fav. Data plan for $19.95 per month. They say this deal is good for me anytime and suggested that I may want to wait until Feb 11th to order because the retention team may be able to get me a slightly better price for the phone since I'm out of contract.

What do you guys think? Think the phone will be cheaper than $199 for contract extension when it officially comes out?

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Katano View Post
    First time posting, hopefully no flames here. =)

What do you guys think? Think the phone will be cheaper than $199 for contract extension when it officially comes out?

Thanks much!
    Welcome Katano! I personally do not believe the price will be lower than $199 at launch. Remember, the $199 is the LAUNCH price.. The ones that are getting it early are just getting it early for the same price; It wouldn't make sense to change the launch price (when it will be WIDELY available).
    However, if you are out of contract, it is possible that the retention department may be able to give you a lower price. However, I do not see what that has to do with waiting until the 11th, besides making it easier to get. Actually, if you call them now and threaten to cut off the line, they MAY be more inclined to send you an 8900 at a discount.. but that's just my quick logic, I may be missing something here.

Again, welcome to the Stacks.

Smile Launch price

SSNXP - thanks for your thoughts! I'm glad to be part of this community / thread and learning a lot here. So it sounds like the $199 is the launch price?? Ok, that's very good info to know. Then everything you're saying makes sense. I tried getting what the launch price is going to be from the rep, but they wouldn't tell me. The retention rep was able to hint at the possibility of not having to go through rebate to get the $100 off if I waited until the phone is available.

Either way, $199 is a great deal for this phone and I"ll be getting my hands on it sometime soon. =D

I hope you get it sooner than later, it's really an amazing device! Feel free to ask about anything on the Stacks.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Thanks much!
    Highly doubtful, but you may get them to throw in a free accessory (or two?) or say free express shipping (if you order over the phone) or some free minutes if you really kick up a fuss. If they were to start handing out better deals in direct cash off within first two weeks of official launch, there would be the possibility of massive returns within the remorse period and reorders just to save a few dollars. The 2 yr $199 is solid pricing on their latest release, 1 yr $250 or straight purchase $499.

PIN/ID
    spam=no
    oh, almost forgot.. status update:

Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description SECAUCUS,
    NJ, US 01/28/2009 12:37 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
    01/28/2009 12:09 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN US 01/26/2009 9:06 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Smile

Blackninja - nice! I hope you get your 8900 soon. Good point you made about the return period. If they start dropping the price to below $200, I can see a bunch of people that ordered between now and then return the phone. The Wall Street Journal also reported the phone will sell for $200 with 2 yr contract today.

JF1
    JF1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    To all those who still lie in wait for this AMAZING device....I received mine today and all I have to say is....if you get CSRs not trying to upgrade, keep at it or if you are worried about price, it is well worth it, and finally, if you have placed your order but still have not received, you should begin to dream of it - because it is TRULY a remarkable piece of equipment.

One Love!

PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Blackninja - nice! I hope you get your 8900 soon. Good point you made about the return period. If they start dropping the price to below $200, I can see a bunch of people that ordered between now and then return the phone. The Wall Street Journal also reported the phone will sell for $200 with 2 yr contract today.
    thanks!

btw it arrived at 5:12, it is even sexier in person and I have ordered a black bezel as well as a black battery door case. plans are already under way to mod it into my ultimate ninjaberry.

WATAA!

berry911 no está en línea Stack level 1
    my 2 that I ordered are at the UPS sort facility...scheduled for delivery tomorrow...I can't wait!

spitfirespi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238EB9A1
    $39.99 per month for 1000 anytime minutes with unlimited wkend and free my fav. Data plan for $19.95 per month.
    How did you get that plan I've never seen such a great deal. Your one lucky bastard lol. I might just call and find out about that plan even though I hardly talk on the phone cause I txt and use the data plan mostly but there are random days where I'm on the phone and almost use up all my min and I only have 300min lol. I pay about 75 a month and if I just upgrade to that plan it'll be well worth it cause it'll only be an extra 10 a month for 700more min and my faves

On another note gratz to everyone thats gotten there phones by now. I envy and hate you all lol