Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

My UPS delivery person obviously didn't feel like doing there job today. I was lucky ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TheTechGuy no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

My UPS delivery person obviously didn't feel like doing there job today. I was lucky enough to have the day off today so I sat home constantly checking the tracking page. My delivery guy normally delivers around 1:30pm so I knew something was wrong when I was still sitting here hours later with no change in the tracking info. I just went and checked again and the delivery person put me as unavailable to deliver 20 mins ago. Thats messed up.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I got mine a few hours ago. Waiting till tonight to update the OS and play around with it more, but I think I'll be giving my brother my Bold..
    so what color are you painting it and when ?

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzleman716 View Post
    I want this phone so bad. But I'm already under contract! So how would I go about getting this awesome device??

& + would I be better trying to buy it on eBay or something?

I was in the middle of a three year contract (about 8 months into it), when I called last friday 4 different times to try and get an upgrade deal for the 8900. I failed to get the deal my first three tries, but on the fourth (out of nowhere it seems) the CC rep gave me the 299 + 100 dollar mail-in rebate deal with a 2 year extension. I was pretty surprised but not that surprised because I did the same thing last spring for the pearl 8120. I Think if you go through the right "channels" when calling t-mobile, and you say just the right things, you can get an upgrade with the best available price anytime during any contract
    (you just keep renewing the extensions).

I personally think 200 bucks for the javelin is a fair price for a brand new (newly released) blackberry curve.

des10ey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1976 View Post
    Not sure if this has been reported. Just got off the phone with tmo rep who advised that the curve is available to place an order. Price with 2 year contract is $299.99 with a $100 mail in rebate. I did not order that because I know they can give tht phone for a better price, I just gotta talk to the customer loyalty dept.
    So is that true?? If you talk to the customer loyalty dept you can get a better deal? I've been with Tmobile for 5 years...will they really give me a better deal? Who can I talk to?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    Ssnxp... What os are you going to load, I'm thinking of loading a beta but not sure which one would be a reliable one...and what would be the benefit. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm going to load .133 for sure. Been hearing great things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTechGuy View Post
    My UPS delivery person obviously didn't feel like doing there job today. I was lucky enough to have the day off today so I sat home constantly checking the tracking page. My delivery guy normally delivers around 1:30pm so I knew something was wrong when I was still sitting here hours later with no change in the tracking info. I just went and checked again and the delivery person put me as unavailable to deliver 20 mins ago. Thats messed up.
    That's SO wrong.. I hope there's a legitimate explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    so what color are you painting it and when ?
    I don't know yet.. I really like white, but I don't want to out play it!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    At the UPS site, after I enter my reference number it displays, "Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 01/28/2009."

I noticed a little further down the page where the tracking info is located it states," Location Date Local Time Description CHELMSFORD,
    MA, US 01/26/2009 2:53 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN "

I am fairly confident mine will show up a day earlier than the scheduled delivery time only because it was in Chelmsford, MA on the 26th at 3pm, and Chelmsford is less than two hours away from me. It should definitely not take until Wednesday to deliver a package that is so close to the final destination.

I am bubbling with anticipation!!!

No matter, this will be a worthwhile upgrade to my falling-apart pearl 8120 (Still works great, just cosmetcally damaged from rough treatment).
    Anyone know if there will be any tough semi-weather proof cases coming out for the 8900?
    Last edited by icaro2000; 01-27-2009 at 03:49 AM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I'm sure there will be many good choices of cases soon. Since Rogers has been selling it for some time the aftermarket has easy access to them.

~via Android Powered Agora Pro ~

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    lol...its definitely necessary for me to get one of those otterbox hard cases or something similar considering that no matter how hard I try to baby my cellular devices, they always end up looking like they have gone through a war-zone if they even make it to a full year's worth of use.

I would like to make the 8900 last until the iphone is no longer an exclusive to at&t. By that time the iphone may have some REAL competition coming from Blackberry, or perhaps a different manufacturer's device running an android OS, or maybe from a company with something even better...who knows. I do know that I do have the patients to wait it out for future upgrades and exclusives, and to stick with t-mobile because of my unbeatable service and high minutes/low monthly payments.

If my 8900 shows up today (its scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but is presently less than two hours away by car), I will be sure to report back here with my first impressions.

Heartbreaker182 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just wanted to say that MY BB IS OUT TO DELIVERY.....WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! omg im so excited i woke up this morning and said "just check, u never know" and Bang.. UPS was out to deliver it......omg im so excired...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Otterbox makes an outstanding product, that offers many advantages. I'm sure you will find it ideal for your needs.

~via Android Powered Agora Pro ~

Heartbreaker182 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kneSs View Post
    Silicone skins look smexy on my Blackberry's Curves I have a black one on it right now, as I type it feels great on your hands and if you would to drop it,it wouldn't get messed up.

@HB- well goddamn... Lol

(That's funny those are my initials)

I can't wait to get my hands on the 8900. What shall we call it? Curve 2? 8900? I mean its still a Curve after all. I guess I'll stick with "Curve 2"
    So i guess i got ur initial huh?...lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    ssnxp the white sounds awesome but the only problem is that youd have to paint in between the keys and therefore remove the keyboard from the faceplate.
    Thats the mistake that Colorware made on the 8900. Leaving the keyboard as is.
    If you CAN do that ill send you a full faceplate so you can paint it white for me. An all white 8900 .... heaven.

In the meantime, i have somebody that is coming over from Montreal to install my black bezel on the 8900 !! Cant wait !! Ill post pictures later

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yeah you do lol

~via Blackberry~

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker182 View Post
    So i guess i got ur initial huh?...lol

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Mine is "out for delivery" in UPS land too. Lol. The weather here is HORRIBLE at the moment so I'm praying its not super late lol. I think the same driver that does my "area" delivers to the downtown businesses too so hopefully I seem em soon. Blah
    ~