Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

I know one thing, i'm sick of talking to customer service and getting any account ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

I know one thing, i'm sick of talking to customer service and getting any account related issues resolved only to call back and find out nothing was resolved and i have to fight with them all over again.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Sounds like it just depends what "sales" or "customer service rep" you get, cause on my 1st try i got a total B, then i got a very friendly guy, neither allowing me to order though. I will try again and go for a sales rep this time, if not, oh well, the friendly guy did say they would most likely take pre-orders a week before launch of Feb. 11.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    That sounds great! Do you have to meet a certain criteria in order to qualify for the payment plan?

Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Yes, my bill was split by 4 payments. First would be $88 and the next three @ $75 - all added to my next 4 statements as I understood it. Comes out to a little over $300 with tax. Then I get the $100 mail in rebate of course.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Quote Originally Posted by labevlol View Post
    I also ordered mine yesterday. With all the excitement I missed what the rep said to use as a reference number.(To track) is it your fone # with or w/out dashes~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lol.

Luckily you can just dial '611', after 'english', when asked, say 'tracking'. It will list your recent order(s) to be tracked and will say your order #.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kneSs View Post
    That sounds great! Do you have to meet a certain criteria in order to qualify for the payment plan?
    The rep did not mention that I had any criteria that I met to be eligible for the plan. But you probably have to call and ask to be sure.

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    For everyone, including myself getting the 8900 for $300 tmo said that u will have 14 days to get that adjusted if in between tht time the phone comes out for a cheaper price.

From what she explained, they would do another purchase at the lower price and u would send the initial curve back and they would adjust ur bill tht way. I don't know about u all but tht sounds like a lot of extra work, i.e.add software back to phone, apply appropriate os, make sure they get the other phone, etc. For me, I think I would just stick with the $300 curve and not even worry about it. Just wanted to let those who are trying to save a buck or two during this recession. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1976 View Post
    For everyone, including myself getting the 8900 for $300 tmo said that u will have 14 days to get that adjusted if in between tht time the phone comes out for a cheaper price.

From what she explained, they would do another purchase at the lower price and u would send the initial curve back and they would adjust ur bill tht way. I don't know about u all but tht sounds like a lot of extra work, i.e.add software back to phone, apply appropriate os, make sure they get the other phone, etc. For me, I think I would just stick with the $300 curve and not even worry about it. Just wanted to let those who are trying to save a buck or two during this recession. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the tip man! I'll definitely keep this in mind!

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kneSs View Post
    Yah,same here, not sure if there's any criteria. I just said I was interested in the payment plan and the rep set it up. I'm sure the rep will tell you if he can't do it for whatever reason. Just ask.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3

From what she explained, they would do another purchase at the lower price and u would send the initial curve back and they would adjust ur bill tht way. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Tmo should just credit you the difference and be done with it. Like CCity and Best Buy for their 30 day price adjustment guarantee. Does sound like a lot of work for us customers and for tmo as well.

But thanks for the heads up. I guess it'll depend on the amount of the savings for me to go through the hassle.

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    I would think that they would just make the adjustment instead of going thru all tht. They most likely will adjust with a phone call and a little sweet talk(depending on who u talk to).
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The way to insure you get a great price is to NOT buy one now. Let others pay the high price for an unproven model. Sit back, relax and watch as others deal with all the problems that come with the latest, lower quality, BlackBerrys. Then once RIM fixes them so you don't have to do it for them, the prices will be lower and the time and money you save will be well worth it. Now that's an exciting idea ....

~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    spam=no
    the scenario you listed is one that's very unrealistic (in which within 14 days of the launch a provider decides to drop the price) and so the procedure in place for if that happened isn't a smooth one. you're asking for a what you feel is a more "reasonable" price, but as a bb owner that has grabbed several initial launches from RIM, this is customary prices and imo IS reasonable (and that's shown by the volume of initial sales on the Curve/Bold/Storm/etc). as archer suggests, if you want to insure you get a great price do not be one to buy it straight out the door. just wait until the initial frenzy has worn off.

-side note-

my 8900 is set to ship out next business day

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Why would they lower the price to less than $200? I mean everyone that ordered the phone got it for that price, after mail in rebate that is, and of course with a 2 yr extension.. I think the price is reasonable. ~via Serviiciio'z 8900 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    Why would they lower the price to less than $200? I mean everyone that ordered the phone got it for that price, after mail in rebate that is, and of course with a 2 yr extension.. I think the price is reasonable. ~via Serviiciio'z 8900 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    $200?!

I expect mine to be $50.. before a $100 mail-in rebate.
    Last edited by blackninja; 01-25-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I would think that they would just make the adjustment instead of going thru all tht. They most likely will adjust with a phone call and a little sweet talk(depending on who u talk to).
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had the same issue with my 8900 on Rogers. I had to go to the store and return the device for a refund. They then scanned the same barcode and resold me the divice at the new price.

It is a it of a pain in the butt, but worth it to get the lower price.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan