Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

For all of you complaining bout the charger being in the wrong position simply get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

For all of you complaining bout the charger being in the wrong position simply get a charging pod I got one original from amazon blueharboronline store and got it within 3 days and works amazingly all you have to do is place it on the charging pot and your good to go.
    And if your so geared towards the iphone I say go for it, the curve is probably the most stable blackberry yet haven't had any issues with it and for the size and all the features it packs you can't really complain is a very well made phone. And I got some really fat fingers and I can type just fine.

~via smartphone~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    For all of you complaining bout the charger being in the wrong position simply get a charging pod I got one original from amazon blueharboronline store and got it within 3 days and works amazingly all you have to do is place it on the charging pot and your good to go.

~via smartphone~

I think the reason people dislike the placement of the charger/usb port is because it gets in the way of their hands when using the blackberry for typing while its being charged. While charging in a charging-pod the user will not be able to type efficiently (if at all). Because of this, your solution would be pointless/

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I do want one of those silver charger pods though. They look real nice.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I suppose I never have to charge mine untill am off to bed abd I use it all day for gps maps and emailing talking I am on the road 8 to 5pm everyday
    And I don't have a need to charge it while am done for the day. But even so is not that bad while your typing and charging it through usb

~via smartphone~

quadbaby no está en línea Stack level 1

just got new 8900

Any themes for the 8900

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by quadbaby View Post
    Any themes for the 8900
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f241/
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok.

I've calmed down.

I'm keeping it.

Selling my 8100 to Indian Lotus Notes Guy (ILNG) for $80.

I'm still unhappy with keyboard. Layouts. App/escape Keys. They suck.

But, overall, this blows the doors off the 8100 obviously.

I can type faster than ANYONE with an 8100 though, one handed. This is what I'll miss the most. No more quick texts. The 8900 sucks indeed for one handed typing, argh.

I get way too many mis types with it.

The transferring of all data from 8100 to 8900 with the 4.7 DM was BEAUTIFUL.

Why no "Play All" function in the music player, am I missing something?

Why is bcirkbreaker so damn hard to read to special brick labels now? I can't even read the text on falling bricks at all, LOL.

New Trackball does rock. Have to admit.

Anyhoo, sorry for the drama. Blame it on Auntie Flow.

But honestly, still 24 hours later, I'm not 100% satisfied. Maybe 93%.

Why doesn't the video capture have 24fps or Iris/shutter control? Argh.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by joedali View Post
    Ok.

I've calmed down.

I'm keeping it.

Selling my 8100 to Indian Lotus Notes Guy (ILNG) for $80.

I'm still unhappy with keyboard. Layouts. App/escape Keys. They suck.

But, overall, this blows the doors off the 8100 obviously.

I can type faster than ANYONE with an 8100 though, one handed. This is what I'll miss the most. No more quick texts. The 8900 sucks indeed for one handed typing, argh.

I get way too many mis types with it.

The transferring of all data from 8100 to 8900 with the 4.7 DM was BEAUTIFUL.

Why no "Play All" function in the music player, am I missing something?

Why is bcirkbreaker so damn hard to read to special brick labels now? I can't even read the text on falling bricks at all, LOL.

New Trackball does rock. Have to admit.

Anyhoo, sorry for the drama. Blame it on Auntie Flow.

But honestly, still 24 hours later, I'm not 100% satisfied. Maybe 93%.

Why doesn't the video capture have 24fps or Iris/shutter control? Argh.
    It's only been 24 hours? Come on, it takes longer to get used to a new pair of shoes.

Every new device I have ever purchased has taken some time to get used to. I went from a 7100i to a Curve. Quite a difference in keyboard layout. I was ready to toss the curve out the window. Within days I was one-handing it like a pro.

Even going from the Curve to the Bold and then to the 8900 took a lot of getting used to. I guarantee in no time you will be wondering how you ever got along without your 8900. Read around the forums and find all the keyboard shortcuts etc that you didn't have with your Pearl.

As for the lousy placement of the charging port, I hated it too. I am still not impressed with it. However, by placing the plug between my index and middle finger I can still one-hand it easily enough. It just took some getting used to.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    I do want one of those silver charger pods though. They look real nice.
    Get one, it's less than $20 shipped on eBay. Maybe $15. I wrote a review here, if you care to see it.

To OP: Glad you're keeping it. It does take a while to get used to, but you already know that it blows your old pearl out of the water..

Good luck.
    -Tim

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually had a Bold for 24 hours and liked it a lot more. Well, I liked the sides and back a lot more. If they made the 8900 with the leather back and chrome sides like the Bold it would be way nicer. That said, I like the size of the 8900 a lot more so I will just shut up and look at BB.com every so often to see if they come out with a leather back. I also wonder what their future offerings will be. The current ones are so advanced. I am sure lighter, thinner and who knows what else.

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    As for the lousy placement of the charging port, I hated it too. I am still not impressed with it. However, by placing the plug between my index and middle finger I can still one-hand it easily enough. It just took some getting used to.
    You know what, it's ABOUT TIME they did something to benefit us leftys. Thank you RIM!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123