Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My 8900 should arrive tomorrow and i was wondering if you guys have any advice ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cbarry317 no está en línea Stack level 2

8900 coming tomorrow...quick question

Advertisement

My 8900 should arrive tomorrow and i was wondering if you guys have any advice for me regarding the initial battery charge, deleting any videos or other things taking up the memory, or any thing else that would come to mind...

Havent purchesed a new device in a while, and im trying to start off my 8900 on the best way possible.

Thank you in advance!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    As far as the battery goes, let it fully charge. Some say that it will work best if you then use it and let it drain almost all the way down, then fully charge again. But with these new batteries that is not necessary. I've never done that on 30 plus Berrys and never had a battery issue.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by chokem; 06-18-2009 at 01:16 PM.

blackman711 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Also there is plenty of internal memory on the 8900 so that I have not had to delete any sample videos or ringtones etc and I still have over 100MB free internal memory so that should not be an issue. It is a solid and beautiful phone, you should enjoy it.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I agree with both posters so far - I have never worried about when or how much I charge my BB with the new batteries and I've never had a problem. Also, the 8900 is one of my two BB's and the 8900 has so much more memory than my 8330 that I don't think you have to worry. Enjoy your new phone!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    what everyone said is true. i have had my 8900 for about two weeks. i just fully charged it the first day and then used it as normal from there. havent deleted anything from it, and it works like a dream.

hope that helps.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Just start using it. No matter what you do it will not make a big difference in your battery. The great thing about a L-Ion is you can use it and abuse it and it will still work fine. L-Ion batteries do not like to be run dead, that will shorten their life.

Just relax and enjoy for device. It has way more memory so no need to worry
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Have to agree with all the other posts so far. I've had mine for a bit now and while I did choose to remove a few apps that I NEVER use, it was totally unnecessary to do. Also, you shouldn't have to worry about the battery at all. I quite frequently leave my BB on the charger, especially when I'm streaming audio for long periods of time and when I take it off, I get a consistent charge out of it. Of course having Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi on all the time drains it pretty quick.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    nada
    I received mine yesterday afternoon, put 4 themes on it a about 6 apps and a game and still have 128mb of memory-Im a happy camper so far.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've got about half a dozen themes and probably a dozen or more apps and I have plenty of room left. When, oh when will RIM listen to reason and let us install apps on our SD cards?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648
    I just got mine this morning can anyone tell me how i can put new themes n frome where i dont like the one it came with it. plz also if anyone advise me of any app i really appriciated. thx
    Last edited by jblackfish; 06-20-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: all caps

PIN/ID
    nada
    Sorash here are some really nice ones here on PinStack-http://forums.pinstack.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    sorash@aol.com stop posting the same request all over the place please. I'm making your theme already. You would know this if you'd pay attention to one thread instead of posting the request all over. I'm sorry for being so harsh but please be patient.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

FailedAngrMgmt no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm jealous...i have to wait till July 22nd before i can get mine, it will be $167 if i wait, otherwise i could get it now for $409.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    easty there rat, dont get a lavaslap!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    LOL ^^^ Don't threaten me. Besides I kinda like her slaps. I'm a masochist hahaha!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast