Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Personally I think any case for a BlackBerry should invoke the sleeper function.... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Personally I think any case for a BlackBerry should invoke the sleeper function.

supersauce no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    i recently got the seido spring holster and it actually chipped the top chrome of my bb8900... and no other tmo around me has any bb's so i cant go exchange it. so stay away from the spring holster or it will chip yours as well.
    Super Sauce

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by supersauce View Post
    i recently got the seido spring holster and it actually chipped the top chrome of my bb8900... and no other tmo around me has any bb's so i cant go exchange it. so stay away from the spring holster or it will chip yours as well.
    I wonder if that would happen if you had the Innocase II on the BB?

supersauce no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Prolly not maximus but I need something that has a belt clip... Does the innocase protect the screen atleast?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Personally I think any case for a BlackBerry should invoke the sleeper function.
    AFAIK, it invokes the sleeper function. Even if I just set it on top of the Horizontal Leather Case.

The Innocase doesn't do the sleeper function, the Horizontal Leather Case does though.

Just making sure there's no confusion.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by supersauce View Post
    Prolly not maximus but I need something that has a belt clip... Does the innocase protect the screen atleast?
    Nope...it's naked. You'll need a screen protector.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I got the TMO leather pouch for the Curve, fits nice snug and protected on it's belt clip.Will get a few micro>mini adapters instead of buying another charger. Also got a skin from www.bestskins.com just have to not use the BB for 24-48 hours after applying Yikes!
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually made this case work for my BlackBerry by slipping a magnet down into the slot under the clip. It is a Gap iPod case from a few years ago that looks really good when I go out dressed like a slob (which is almost everyday )

Last edited by JeffNNJ; 02-23-2009 at 08:38 PM.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    Anything Seidio is quality, just that quality comes with a price. It is on the more expensive side for their accessories. Currently I just have a generic black rubber case from off of ebay. I am waiting for Ghost Armor to come out with protection for the 8900 and then I'll be using their product combined with a generic 8900 holster I bought. I am having my battery door being etched so then I'll be able to have my phone protected, but can show it off.

I have to say, i ordered the "ghost armor" for my 8900 and i WOULD NOT recommend it to anyone. Personally I do not like it. It's a pain to apply, there are so many pieces and they don't align properly. If you haven't made absolutely sure the pieces that cover a corner or part of the phone where there are curves have adhered, it will attract dust/debris and the corners will look dirty. Bc the pieces don't mesh against each other well, you can feel all the edges of the pieces. It adds just enough bulk to the phone that it made it difficult to pull the phone out of the OEM pouch also.

All in all it's a neat concept, but not practical at all. I removed all the pieces after trying it for a few days to see if it grew on me. It just annoyed me and i don't like how it makes the phone look shiny. I haven't looked in to it, but i sure would like to get my $25-$30 back for this product.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I bought the premium gel skin made by Seidio and it fits perfectly. The only drawback is that it attracts dust and fuzz like crazy. My old Curve's OEM BB gel skin never did that. Kinda bummed that they didn't use some kind of antistatic on these.
    __

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mDRagON- View Post
    Also got a skin from www.bestskins.com just have to not use the BB for 24-48 hours after applying Yikes!
    you don't HAVE to wait that long, all the times i've done it, i just let it be for a couple of hours, or use my bluetooth the the rest of the evening, then leave it over night. i'm guessing it's best case senario to wait that long...i never have, and they have always looked/worked great.

cheristar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi all
    Im from the uk, new to smartphones and new to Blackberry. What accessories do you thinkI should get, I need a case, and something to protect my phone from
    scratches,and any other damage, I have the 8900.

thanks all

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Can someone tell me how easy it is to take the Innocase apart? I just broke the hard plastic case I had trying to get it apart to change my SD card! I'd rather pay more for one I can get apart if need be, but don't want to pay a lot for one then break it too!

sanjomaz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been using the Curve 8900 Seidio Innocase II Surface for about a week and have been pretty impressed so far. The case was easy to install (literly about 3 seconds) and pretty easy to take off as well.

I also got the Seidio screen protector and it is cut to fit the 8900 perfectly.
    My only gripe is that (for me at least) getting the screen protector on without some residual-and visible-foreign objects under the screen is near impossible.
    But then again, we have three cats

As for the case itself, it is very well designed and really compliments the sleek looks of the Curve. My biggest praise is that, due to the thin profile, you are able to hit the keys on the right and left of the keyboard with ease - which is more than I could say for my similarly styled case-mate on my old curve.

My one nitpick is that the surface of the case is quite "slippery" despite its rubberization. In this sense, it is a little bit of a challenge to "one-hand" the phone. I'd prefer if it were just a bit more grippy...
    On the other hand, as a result of the slipperiness, it glides into the Seidio horizontal leather case with ease.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjomaz View Post
    I've been using the Curve 8900 Seidio Innocase II Surface for about a week and have been pretty impressed so far. The case was easy to install (literly about 3 seconds) and pretty easy to take off as well.

I also got the Seidio screen protector and it is cut to fit the 8900 perfectly.
    My only gripe is that (for me at least) getting the screen protector on without some residual-and visible-foreign objects under the screen is near impossible.
    But then again, we have three cats
    Agreed. I've had my case for about a month. Just yesterday I dropped the phone from about 3 ft on concrete and the case performed excellent. The case did not break apart...stayed intact. Most importantly, the phone was untouched. A suggestion for you SanJomaz...when placing the screen protector, I've had good success with the old steam in the bathroom technique. If you like to take a hot shower and you produce enough steam to create moisture on the bathroom mirror, an environment like that will keep dust and stuff to a minimum. Tried the technique on 4 phones and they are crystal clear.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast