Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Originally Posted by Breezy279 Verdict is....return it for a new one. I talked to Tmobile ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #16
    s4berry's Avatar
    s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    256

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy279 View Post
    Verdict is....return it for a new one. I talked to Tmobile and they had me do a battery pull, reset and wipe with no improvements.
    So tomorrow I will return it for a new one.
    Hooray! Nice and new.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  2. #17
    Breezy279's Avatar
    Breezy279 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Hooray! Nice and new.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I wish!! They are out and dont know when they will be getting more.
    They said if they dont get them in the next week I will have to have a refurbished one. OR I can return the phone and just wait till more come out and use my old phone.
    I didnt want to return it. I already sent out the rebate stuff and have become attached....
    Maybe I can fix the flash...?? Anyone know anything about that on the 8900's yet?
    I can see why its causing the shadow, the part that covers the lens and flash is blocking the top of the flash, maybe I can just move the flash down a little.
    Man I am impatient with my toys...
    8900 with the stock OS ;)
    T-Mobile

  3. #18
    s4berry's Avatar
    s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    256
    Wow. You tried calling customer service to see if they have any in their secret stash?

    If you do it yourself, I suppose you'd need to take it apart. Do at your own risk and opening up your berry voids the warranty. Below is a link to the initial dissasembly by ssnxp.

    http://forums.pinstack.com/f342/pictorial_8900_bezel_swap-103065/
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  4. #19
    JeffNNJ's Avatar
    JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    193
    You sure it's not the shadow from your hand caused by the way you hold it when you take a picture??

  5. #20
    MotoUp's Avatar
    MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    You sure it's not the shadow from your hand caused by the way you hold it when you take a picture??
    That's actually what I was just about to ask. I've been guilty of doing the exact same thing.

  6. #21
    Breezy279's Avatar
    Breezy279 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    93
    Yeah, its not the hand. I hold the bottom of the phone when I take a pic. Its a perfect line of shadow across the top. I took some pics of a white wall yesterday and you can see it really well.
    I know I would void the warranty if I take it apart, but I was thinking I'll end up voiding it anyway

    I am going to hold out and see if they get more in the store in the next week. The rep at Tmobile said all she could give me would be a refurbished one. I dont want a refurb when I have had the phone for 5 days.
    8900 with the stock OS ;)
    T-Mobile

  7. #22
    s4berry's Avatar
    s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy279 View Post
    Yeah, its not the hand. I hold the bottom of the phone when I take a pic. Its a perfect line of shadow across the top. I took some pics of a white wall yesterday and you can see it really well.
    I know I would void the warranty if I take it apart, but I was thinking I'll end up voiding it anyway

    I am going to hold out and see if they get more in the store in the next week. The rep at Tmobile said all she could give me would be a refurbished one. I dont want a refurb when I have had the phone for 5 days.
    Hope it works out. If you do end up taking your phone apart, go ahead and pimp out your bezel at the same time .
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  8. #23
    Breezy279's Avatar
    Breezy279 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Hope it works out. If you do end up taking your phone apart, go ahead and pimp out your bezel at the same time .
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Thanks! And I just may have to do that!
    8900 with the stock OS ;)
    T-Mobile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •