Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When my camera uses the flash there is a shadow across the top of the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Breezy279 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8900 Camera flash...

Advertisement

When my camera uses the flash there is a shadow across the top of the picture after it is taken. This is with and without my skin on the phone.

Also, the flash comes on, it focuses, turns off and then flashes. And there is this little icon that looks like a sun with an exclaimation in it...What the hell is it??

Am I just crazy, doing something wrong, or is something wrong with my camera?
    The dark shadow across every picture is bothering me...
    8900 with the stock OS ;)
    T-Mobile

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    You would need to give us a screenshot to actually see what you're speaking of as far as the shadows are concerned. As far as the little "sun" icon. That's a "bulb" with an exclamation in the middle. It means there's not enough light.

If you put your hand across the lens covering it, the "bulb" or "sun" will come on until there's enough light. This will happen with any setting: Flash (arrow), Automatic (arrow w/an A next to it) and no flash (line across the arrow). These settings can be changed with the spacebar while in camera or video mode.

Thanks for the info on the little sun, I knew what the flash settings looked like, just not the sun thing.
    Here are some pics...dont laugh
    Me being goofy

My "vicious" dog

My boyfriend

The same thing happened with some other pics that werent too close too the camera. Just a darker shadow across the tops of the pics. You can tell the best on this last one.
    I may just be crazy. I love the camera on the 8900, dont get me wrong
    T-Mobile

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    My flash works the same way, but I don't get that shadow across the top. Have you tried changing the cam settings (pic quality, etc). Might not do anything, but at least it rules those things out.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    My flash works the same way, but I don't get that shadow across the top. Have you tried changing the cam settings (pic quality, etc). Might not do anything, but at least it rules those things out.
    If not, can you see if your lens might a bit off centered?

I tried with different settings with the same result. My lens is perfectly centered. It only happens when I use the flash. Hmmmm

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB
    I notice the same thing not real bad but noticeable.
    I think its just the way the camera is aimed compared to the flash

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I don't seem to have the problem. Here is a pic I took yesterday at the mall.

Last edited by Maximus; 03-04-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Does anyone think this may warrant an exchange for a new device?? I know its something small, but its annoying...
    T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy279 View Post
    Does anyone think this may warrant an exchange for a new device?? I know its something small, but its annoying...
    You could give it try if it really bothers you. Personally, it would bother me. I did try taking more pics with the flash in different areas, in different angles, and my pics were all fine. No top shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    You could give it try if it really bothers you. Personally, it would bother me. I did try taking more pics with the flash in different areas, in different angles, and my pics were all fine. No top shadow.
    Yeah, I keep trying different angles, and close up and far away etc. and every freaking one has the shadow(only when using the flash). I think I'll call the store I bought it from and see what they say...
    T-Mobile

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    That looks like image vignetting. In this case, it's probably the lens and sensor not being parallel. I'm not sure why it would only happen with flash though.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

Verdict is....return it for a new one. I talked to Tmobile and they had me do a battery pull, reset and wipe with no improvements.
    So tomorrow I will return it for a new one.
    T-Mobile

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    wow! gotta say I'm more impressed (or depressed as the case may be) that the picture above shows another mall so dead inside! Not a good sign!

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence View Post
    wow! gotta say I'm more impressed (or depressed as the case may be) that the picture above shows another mall so dead inside! Not a good sign!
    That's why I posted the picture...very good attention to detail. You're right the mall was dead. I should have taken a picture of the 2 T-Mobile reps working the kiosk beneath me. They standing than they were working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast