Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Also... 90% of the people who own an iPhone don't even know what the word ... BlackBerry Curve forum

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Also... 90% of the people who own an iPhone don't even know what the word 'jailbroken' means.

Out of the box functionality is what matters here, and that's where the Blackberry has the iPhone beat in many categories.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Also... 90% of the people who own an iPhone don't even know what the word 'jailbroken' means.

Out of the box functionality is what matters here, and that's where the Blackberry has the iPhone beat in many categories.
    Totally agree
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

mylexon20s no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B62A91
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    ok well when someone asks about trying something else everyone shouldn't just jump out and say dont try it, especially if they dont know what the phone is capable of.

cant knock it until you try it
    Ok, there is where you have a point. Fair enough. Well put. .. In all fairness, the iPhone is a good phone, not knocking the quality. Yes there are a ton of apps, and if you jailbreak it, you have access to alot more apps and tweaks etc.

As far as Apple App store vs. Blackberry apps... well right now there is no comparison, as Apple has soooo many great apps to choose from. 3.0 from apple will finally bring alot of great features that have previously been neglected, but only time will tell..

dcgree no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    221940AC
    I think at one point in our life we did the same thing. It seems that everyone came to their senses and got back on the blackberry bandwagon. I know I did. Lovin my 8900.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I have never gotten a n iPhoney and prolly never will. I'm sorry, BB forever. Each newer phone hets better and better.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    "90%" (or a very high percentage) of users do not make use of most out-of-the-box features of "smartphones". Including BBM, 3rd party apps, voice dialing, maps, word processing, calendars, etc.

Thus, explaining why the smartphones with a narrow out-of-box feature set that focus on the quality of the most-used features (web browsing, multimedia and email) are the highest in the recent JD power customer satisfaction survey. iPhone with the top spot.

Apple has always had a quality control approach they don't built with a bunch of variety but rather find sweet spots and try to perfect those. Thus, the Curve/iPhone comparison is comparing Apple and oranges (Bb's) really. The approach of Apple is just too different. As in no way are they trying to build a Curve.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Hayden, were you crunching numbers all weekend? Lol. AND you entered via mobile??? Bravo my friend, bravo.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ha u wish! I was wondering where the 90% came from, that's why I used quotes. Using his numbers not mine. But from my experience a very low % of users make use of most features available - as per my above post.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I agree with you. I see kids with BB's without a data plan used mainly for texting and for showing off. Lol.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Actually I think more kids have iPhones than BB's but I may be wrong.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Oh jeez... Maybei should have put "smartphones" or "BB/iPhone" instead of BB. No need for stats. Lmao. Don't start today hayden! Lmao!!!!

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Welcome back. I guess it something you must try and learn and not be told and learn.
    Gyros anyone?

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    Jailbroken iPhone can multi-task and do everything that the blackberry can do plus more.
    How about video record and send that MMS since the Iphone 3g will not be able to do that even with 3.0 firmware upgrade.

I have the 8310 but I usually use my ATT Fuze.
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    It seems to me the only reason so many people consider the "iPhone" better than BB is because the cool "apps" you can download for it. Well I didn't buy my BB for the "cool apps". I really don't care if "there's an app for that". I bought my BB for email communication with my boss, co-workers, personal email, and the simple use of Google Maps. I don't have a GPS enabled BB yet so driving around in an unknown area can get frustrating but I can't imagine where I'd be without my BlackBerry. Sometimes I use the browser, for when I'm on the go or just bored. I don't need a full screen, content rich browser like the iPhone advertises. That's what my laptop is for. I have Facebook and BeeJive on my phone also, for connecting with people when I'm away from my PC. I'm not going to sit on my BB all day like people do their iPhones like I'm addicted to it, playing some game or something. I wish this iPhone fad would finally just go away..

(ahem) Oh and yes welcome back to the BB!! Hope you learned your lesson.
    Last edited by green_light; 05-21-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123