Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by joek71 Really guys? I have Sprint and have 4 blackberries curves 8330 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mylexon20s no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B62A91

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Really guys? I have Sprint and have 4 blackberries curves 8330 and I was thinking to jump to Iphone, so you guys would not recommend it? Please advise.

Thanks
    I got rid of my BB 8800 last year in march and decided to buy an iphone and unlock it.
    Long story short, it was awesome for the cool factor for a little while, then all of the things it lacked,
    Started to show. Mainly, it wasn't a blackberry. I got rid of it and bought an 8320 curve and now as of yesterday, I got my new
    8900! I would never get another iphone!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I love how everyone knocks the iphone but never uses one for more than a week or two. I love my iPhone(s) and I probably wouldnt trade it for a BB they can do sooooo much more but its what I need, I use the phone for so much more than just txting and email. I can edit my website, host files, access my computer, watch videos, surf with a full browser, etc... Granted I do miss my BB and my physical keyboard but I am able to get past the lack of actual keys because of the added productivity im able to have.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

BlackCaviar no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome Back Home!
    Just returned myself from the same experience

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you are a heavy user of your phone as a true "Smartphone," the BB is the only way to go. The one thing iPhone has done is it has exposed a whole new world of users that would not normally buy a Smartphone. Apple has a way of convincing people that are otherwise hesitant. Call it marketing but it works. I like to try out different technologies and the iPhone was one I had to try. Prior to that experiment, I had 2 BBs. Again, it was a fun device but I could not rely on it because I really need a great Smartphone. My wife loves her iPhone but she also loves her iMac.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    If you are a heavy user of your phone as a true "Smartphone," the BB is the only way to go. The one thing iPhone has done is it has exposed a whole new world of users that would not normally buy a Smartphone. Apple has a way of convincing people that are otherwise hesitant. Call it marketing but it works. I like to try out different technologies and the iPhone was one I had to try. Prior to that experiment, I had 2 BBs. Again, it was a fun device but I could not rely on it because I really need a great Smartphone. My wife loves her iPhone but she also loves her iMac.
    If by "smartphone" you mean mobile texting & email at your hand you can do that with many phones. Blackberries dont do much more than any regular smartphone its just the idea that its a Blackberry.
    Its like what owning a dell was in the 90's they where reliable and had a good PR image and everyone wanted to own one, they didnt do much more if anything than any other PC at the time.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Yea dude shame on you for leaving, but glad your back...Blackberry forever......BTW did any of you see the new Storm? wow wicked

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    If by "smartphone" you mean mobile texting & email at your hand you can do that with many phones. Blackberries dont do much more than any regular smartphone its just the idea that its a Blackberry.
    Not knocking the iPhone in any way, but one thing that the BB does that the iPhone doesn't do and is absolutely mandatory IMHO is allowing apps to run in the background. In my (admittedly limited) experience, there is NO multitasking with an iPhone.

As for the rest of it, I do a heck of a lot more than texting and email from my BB! One small example: I remotely access and control my work PC and server on a regular basis, watch videos often, look up data on the internet, add info to word and excel documents, write and answer email, etc. Frequently when I'm in the field, I have all these things going on at the same time, in addition to facebook, BB IM, Yahoo IM, weather app, and others running in the background.

Oh yeah, there is a lot of email going on :-) and no way I could do without reliable push email and my physical keyboard!

I'm very demanding on my smartphones and the cool thing for me is that I can do multiple things at the same time, and the 8900 has the processing power to handle it with no lag. On top of that, this screen is a thing of beauty! :-)
    Last edited by gritsinct; 05-15-2009 at 07:13 PM.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Jailbroken iPhone can multi-task and do everything that the blackberry can do plus more.
    Quotes to live by:

cescel727 no está en línea Stack level 1
    In response to the earlier comment that is a lie. I had the iphone jailbroken and unlocked and I also had for about 5 months and in no way shape or form can the iphone even compare to the blackberry. The only thing that the iphone has better than the blackberry is games. O wow. If that's the case you might as well get a ps3 or an xbox 360
    [QUOTE=neorabid;1143759]Jailbroken iPhone can multi-task and do everything that the blackberry can do plus more.[/QUOT
    ThE]
    Last edited by cescel727; 05-15-2009 at 08:40 PM.

PIN/ID
    24B62A91
    I had my iPhone from March 08 - December 08. So im not knocking it. Personal preference. Blackberry is just a better phone to me. Iphone is awesome for Apps and such, but thats it.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I guess thats what happens when they add more smartphones onto a blackberry only forum, you get diehard fans that wont admit that anything is better than what they have.
    You must not have been using your jailbroken iPhone to its fullest potential because I can do everything and more with the iphone that I could ever do with my BB.
    Oh and iphone on TMO = Lame
    Quotes to live by:

PIN/ID
    24B62A91
    I guess thats what happens when they add more smartphones onto a blackberry only forum, you get diehard fans that wont admit that anything is better than what they have.
    You must not have been using your jailbroken iPhone to its fullest potential because I can do everything and more with the iphone that I could ever do with my BB.
    You should check out an iphone forum then. My iPhone 3g was jailbroken . After a while, you get sick of cydia, and installer 4 is just existing. There are some cool apps out there, but if not for the apps, the only thing the iPhone would have going is a nice screen and decent browser. I do feel that there will be a substantial improvement with the new OS 3.0. I mean, there are so many basic features that the iphone lacks. MMS for one, and swirly MMS is garbage, COPY/Paste also. I realize they are addressing that with 3.0..

I dont' think people are necessarily bashing the iPhone, i think that most of the people here just prefer the blackberry.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    ok well when someone asks about trying something else everyone shouldn't just jump out and say dont try it, especially if they dont know what the phone is capable of.

cant knock it until you try it
    Quotes to live by:

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi! My name is Tony, and I also am a bberry holic!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    In many of your post you are addresing you can do more with the iphone than the blackberry, could you be so kind and give me at least 3 good and convincent examples?

All I have to say is that both phones are reliables if you are making a selection based on your needs and not on what the people say, both phones have some capabilities over the other one both of them were made looking to catch a diff market, I'm not saying one is better than the other I'm just saying that each one suites the needs for what they were made.
    Each one have some pros and cons, but finally they are just smarthphones...

My 2 pennies
    And yes I'm a berryadict too..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast