Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

As much as the 8900 is a thing of beauty and I know it's 1st ... BlackBerry Curve forum

CocoB no está en línea Stack level 1

On my 2nd javelin

Advertisement

As much as the 8900 is a thing of beauty and I know it's 1st generation, it doesn't stop me wanting to beat the life out of it...
    I'm on my 2nd 8900 from T Mobile UK. The first had sms problems but at least the battery held a charge of over 3days...my second which I only received on NYE decided to show me it's true colours last night.
    the battery had been charged and discharged then re-charged last night. After one sent txt msg and no viigo or other apps running in the background except emails, the battery had fallen to 60% in 11 hours. Based on this I'm lucky if I were to get 1.5 days out of this handset if i made no phone calls & sent only one more text. So much for the 15.5 days standby. I only truly expect to get a few days without charging the handset and that's if i have all my apps running & use it as I usually would.

So needless to say No.3 is winging its way to me from T Mobile...let's hope I have better luck this time...

GlitchEXE no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey this is actually my first post here.

I as well was suffering from the 8900 1 day battery life issue. So after reading this tread I decided to call Rogers and complain. They have sent me a new one without any hassle (I'm within the 30 days of original purchase) and I have 2 weeks to return the old one. So I got it in my head to charge the new one and let it sit. At the same time I've turned off a lot of the applications that were running in the background of my original 8900 like Xberry's auto update and turned off WLM auto sign-in feature. Also I have changed the auto update on Twitterberry to 30 min (though it seems I still have to do that manually). I'm still running Viigo (2 hr update), WeatherPush, GoogleSync, GMail, and Google Talk with no problems.

It's been a day and the new phone is at 70% battery life with no SIM in it and me not using it. The old one is at 75% battery and I've been using it for Google Talk, some browsing, Twitter, mail and couple calls. I've also turned the Wi-Fi on for about 30 min today as well. Note the old one was off the charger last as well.

I'm thinking my 2 culprit apps were Xberry and WLM. Sirthinks I see you also have WLM running. Maybe logging off of that will help you as well. I'll post again when the batteries finally die and let you know which one lasted longest.

Hope this helps.

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchEXE View Post
    HI'll post again when the batteries finally die and let you know which one lasted longest.

Hope this helps.
    So which one is it???

A Rogers rep told me that I had to take mine back to the store where it was purchased from to give me a replacement battery. But that's so out of my way! As a matter of fact....I think I'll call Rogers right now......
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    My battery life is could be better is not horrible but my 8320's battery life was better.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    UPDATE:

After searching high and low for my receipt, I finally gave up and just went to the store where I purchased the device. The fellow there remembered me because of the fact I taught him all about the curve, the bold and the 8900 when I purchased my 8900. He also remembered me laying all my devices on the counter while I made the purchase.

He even remembered the date, Dec. 11 that I purchased it. I explained that I was losing battery after less than 4 hours. He messed with it for a bit. Then he slid it in the case. He, not I, noticed that the device wasn't going into holster mode when it was placed in the case.

Long story short... Less than 15 minutes after I walked into the store I walked out with a new 8900.

Rogers came through for me again. No silly questions. No trying to blame me for the defect. No demanding that I call tech support first.

Thanks guys!! Oh, and thanks Ranxoren for the advice!! It was spot on as usual.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Congratulations Sirthinks!
    Nothing like (another) new BlackBerry to give you a fresh start. I'm hoping that you find this one to be a good one that meets your expectations.
    Sidebar:
    If I hear one more story about how good Rogers is, I'm moving to Canada immediately.....
    Cheers
    ~via BoldBerry #6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Congratulations Sirthinks!
    Nothing like (another) new BlackBerry to give you a fresh start. I'm hoping that you find this one to be a good one that meets your expectations.
    Sidebar:
    If I hear one more story about how good Rogers is, I'm moving to Canada immediately.....
    Cheers
    ~via BoldBerry #6 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Rogers is "da bomb baby!!" C'mon over Eh!! LMAO

~H~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Im SO happy you guys think this ... Yey for us Rogers !
    And Sirthinks youre obviously more than welcome !

GlitchEXE no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    So which one is it???

A Rogers rep told me that I had to take mine back to the store where it was purchased from to give me a replacement battery. But that's so out of my way! As a matter of fact....I think I'll call Rogers right now......
    So my original 8900 died after 2 days of moderate use. This is much better than only getting 1 day out of it. As for the new 8900, it's still sitting at 10% battery after 4 days. Mind you this phone still has no SIM and hasn't actually been used. It was fresh, out of the box, put battery in, charge and sit.

Not sure if this helps out or not.

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Im SO happy you guys think this ... Yey for us Rogers !
    And Sirthinks youre obviously more than welcome !
    Except for the little service "hiccup" at the first (they were working on the towers so I really can't complain), things have been awesome!! I LOVE the online IM customer service.. it's fantastic!! I came from... the "B" word!! LOL and I'm super happy with Rogers.

MarcF1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried to let my 8900 die completely and then recharge it. I did this four times. It now last about 1 day and a half, but not working alot. I called Rogers and then are sending me another one. When I receive it I will let you know how it is.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Lol consider yourself lucky if I try hard enough I can prolly kill my storm from 100% to dead in 3-4 hours LOL ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcF1 View Post
    I tried to let my 8900 die completely and then recharge it. I did this four times. It now last about 1 day and a half, but not working alot. I called Rogers and then are sending me another one. When I receive it I will let you know how it is.
    My new one is no different than the last one. Still dies in hours. I left it sit yesterday. I didn't use it at all. It was dead in under 13 hours.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Smile

What the heck?! Is everyone getting a new 8900 but me???? :cry:

I feel like over the past week, the battery performance on my Curve has decreased even more. I just don't believe that if I go to the Rogers store and complain about that, that they'd give in so easily.

I just got off the phone with tech support and the guy told me that what I should try doing is reinstalling the software onto the device first because sometimes the problem lies within the software, so by reinstalling it, it will reset the phone completley. He said he had the same problem with his bold and that when RIM came out with their latest OS release, updating the firmware fixed the battery problem.

Then he said if I reinstall the software and the problem still occurs, then the problem is within the hardware itself and that they'd replace the unit with a new one.

But I'm not at home so I can't reinstall anything because I don't have my USB cable and my parents computer is SUPER slow anyway and tomorrow is the ONLY day I can visit that Rogers store where my Curve was originally purchased at! Do I have any hope at all????
    ..miz melly jelly™..

TwitterGoogle+

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    My new one is no different than the last one. Still dies in hours. I left it sit yesterday. I didn't use it at all. It was dead in under 13 hours.
    Try doing what the tech guy told me. Reinstall the software......
    ..miz melly jelly™..

TwitterGoogle+

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast