Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by catstide looks good! LMBO!! and they call me a troublemaker!!... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    looks good!
    LMBO!! and they call me a troublemaker!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm having the same issue, and I don't even have that much apps running in the background. Just Email, WeatherEye and Windows Live Messenger. I YouTube here and there but I YouTubed waaay more with my old Curve and I charged it every 2 nights :|

My backlight brightness setting is also set to the lowest at 10. So it is kind of weird how the battery drains so fast.

Would technical support really send a replacement battery?

Because unless it IS the wi-fi, then I'll test it right now. I turned off the wi-fi (not like I need it anyway) so hopefully that improves the battery life.
    Last edited by mizmellyjelly; 12-29-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    I'm having the same issue, and I don't even have that much apps running in the background. Just Email, WeatherEye and Windows Live Messenger. I YouTube here and there but I YouTubed waaay more with my old Curve and I charged it every 2 nights :|

My backlight brightness setting is also set to the lowest at 10. So it is kind of weird how the battery drains so fast.

Would technical support really send a replacement battery?

Because unless it IS the wi-fi, then I'll test it right now. I turned off the wi-fi (not like I need it anyway) so hopefully that improves the battery life.
    Let us know if this helps. I went to Rogers this morning but the line up was too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Let us know if this helps. I went to Rogers this morning but the line up was too long.
    lol....bad time to go. Still boxing week isn't it? Unless you go the second the store opens
    ..miz melly jelly™..

TwitterGoogle+

I fail...I plugged my curve into my PC and left it. I forgot that I'm supposed to be testing the battery without wi-fi
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sirthinks

How do you find the keyboard on the 8900 compared to the Bold?

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Sirthinks

They are both in the same place, below the screen!

Is it THAT hard to find??

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Thumbs up

Lol.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by wyy183 View Post
    They are both in the same place, below the screen!

Is it THAT hard to find??
    I just spit coffee all over my truck's dahboard. Now I know why I shouldn't catch up on Pinstack while driving a tractor-trailer in a snowstorm!

LMBO!

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Sirthinks

It is a curve ketboardwith Bold style colour coding. It compares more to the 8300 series in feel.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    i was told you're never supposed to charge the battery at mid-cycle. also, the first time you run it out of the box, you're supposed to drain the battery completely and try to avoid "quick charging" where you plug it in for 5 minutes or so and take it back out.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I work for a Rogers dealer and my advice, which is the same thing that I do, is to use your phone when you 1st get it until it is ALMOST completely drained, then charge it for 6-8 hrs (when sleeping is the best time I think). Then use it and charge it like normal. I've done this with every Blackberry I've owned and haven't had a battery issue yet.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Here's an easy way to get the most from your BlackBerry Battery.

The newer BlackBerrys are powered by a battery technology known as Lithium Ion. Li-Ion batteries in BlackBerry's do not suffer from"memory effect". Therefore no special charging routine is needed.

They do best when charged often and from any remaining level. Meaning if your battery has 60% remaining at the end of the day, charge it. If it has 30% charge it.

What NOT to do. Do not leave your phone in a hot car. Or in the sunlight, or any place where it will get hot. They do best in cool places. If you are not going to use a Li-Ion Battery for some time, like a laptop battery, be sure to store it with a charge of 40% to 60%. Never store it either fully charged or discharged.

These batteries degrade while sitting around. So never buy a "spare", unless of course you are going to use it on a regular basis. Just don't buy one and let it sit around as it will waste away. Wait until yours is about to die, then buy a replacement.

Bottom line: Enjoy your BlackBerry, and charge it whenever you feel like it. Just charge it.

That's it... simple, easy and stress free.

Cheers...
    Last edited by archer6; 12-31-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Good to know. I was going to buy a spare next week. I did that with my old Curve. But I found it useful...like if I'm on the go and my curve's about to die, I replace it with the spare and charge the dying one with a desk battery charger. And I would switch the batteries on the phone about twice a week. I figured since the 8900's battery dies faster (possibly because of the LCD screen), that another spare battery would come in handy.

What do you think archer?
    ..miz melly jelly™..

TwitterGoogle+

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    Good to know. I was going to buy a spare next week. I did that with my old Curve. But I found it useful...like if I'm on the go and my curve's about to die, I replace it with the spare and charge the dying one with a desk battery charger. And I would switch the batteries on the phone about twice a week. I figured since the 8900's battery dies faster (possibly because of the LCD screen), that another spare battery would come in handy.

What do you think archer?
    I just edited my post as what I forgot to say, is if you are going to _use_ the spare actively, then it's OK to buy one. What you do not want to do, is buy a spare and just let it sit. These batteries do not have a good shelf life because they do begin to degrade from the time they are manufactured when just sitting unused. If you are using it actively each week, charging it and discharging it, then you will get as much life out of it as the one that came with your phone.

Finally what's good to know is that each battery has the capacity of X amount of charge / discharge cycles before it dies. Therefore it's usage, more than how you charge it that eventually wears the battery out.

Cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast