Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I am just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem with battery life ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

8900 Battery life is killing me

Advertisement

I am just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem with battery life on their 8900 Curve.

Mine goes dead over night. I am having to charge it halfway through the day.

I am running:

Viigo (2 hour updates)
    Facebook
    WLM Messenger
    BBM
    WeatherEye (30 minute updates)
    Pinstack launcher
    Aerize Alerts
    Berry-a-Code
    Aerize Explorer
    TelNav (only when necessary which is seldom)

The only one of these that seems to be constantly running is Berry-a-Code.

Any ideas? Should I scream at Rogers and get a new battery?
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 12-28-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: My spelling stinks....
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hmm might be a defective battery. I would suggest asking for a replacement battery - it may result in going into a store and getting a battery replacement or them shipping out a whole new phone your way and you shipping this one back.
    After the flip, 8900s are the longest battery life devices out right now (OUT OF THE NEWER ONES lol).

... looks like somebody stole my signature ...
    Last edited by ranxoren; 12-28-2008 at 07:07 PM.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Hmm might be a defective battery. I would suggest asking for a replacement battery - it may result in going into a store and getting a battery replacement or them shipping out a whole new phone your way and you shipping this one back.
    After the flip, 8900s are the longest battery life devices out right now (OUT OF THE NEWER ONES lol).

... looks like somebody stole my signature ...
    I stole it months ago.... Where have you been?
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe

MapleLeafs no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A5D8C8
    I have the same problem with mine. The battery usually last for a bit over a day. I use the wifi and bluetooth but the battery drain is constantly on my mind when I'm away from a charger.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I am thinking it may have something to do with leaving the wifi on 24/7 but if I don't leave it on I will forget to turn it on at home and at work.

I don't have the Bluetooth on much. I have so many bluetooth devices going all the time, if I leave it on I am constantly getting connection requests.

MapleLeafs no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A5D8C8
    It could be that I have stuff constantly running in the background such as Viigo, AccuWeather and the IM's (MSN, Google Talk etc).

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I can't wait to get a 8900. Hope the battery is more than good.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I am thinking it may have something to do with leaving the wifi on 24/7 but if I don't leave it on I will forget to turn it on at home and at work.

I don't have the Bluetooth on much. I have so many bluetooth devices going all the time, if I leave it on I am constantly getting connection requests.
    hahaha as if now you even stole my XXX in my sig ... you sneaky sneaky lol.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    My battery life is great. By the end of the day I'm usually sitting at 60% battery life and I'm constantly running wifi, viigo(on 30min updates), and other apps that stay connected. Definitely sounds like a baterry issue.

a BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    hahaha as if now you even stole my XXX in my sig ... you sneaky sneaky lol.

It is a very functional signature. You should be honoured. The XXXXXXXX is because that phone is for business and it makes enough noise as it is without all kinds of BBM's coming to it. Would have put my Pearl and 7100i in there except the limitation is 400 characters.

MarcF1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having the same problem. Disabled Wifi, because I thought that was draining battery. Just email is running. I received maybe four 2 minute calls today and now my battery is at 15%. Used to use a pearl which lasted many days, using phone, browser, email, games.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    It is a very functional signature. You should be honoured. The XXXXXXXX is because that phone is for business and it makes enough noise as it is without all kinds of BBM's coming to it. Would have put my Pearl and 7100i in there except the limitation is 400 characters.
    i AM honoured lol

Now back to topic :

Quote Originally Posted by MarcF1 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Disabled Wifi, because I thought that was draining battery. Just email is running. I received maybe four 2 minute calls today and now my battery is at 15%. Used to use a pearl which lasted many days, using phone, browser, email, games.
    Both 8900s i have used had about 3 days of intensive usage. what you are reporting is DEFINITELY not what it is supposed to be. Call up the tech support line and ask for a replacement battery.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    looks good!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    On my 8120 I'm running the following:

Background apps:

BBMessenger
    Email
    Texts
    Phone
    Browser
    WiFi

I only use the media player maybe once a day for music only.
    I play games a lot during the day.
    JiveTalk is running unless I do a soft reset.

I don't use the camera, video player, alarm clock.

I still have half around a battery left at the end of the day (somewhere between 40-60 %) and I recharge nightly or during the day if needed. I went back to the OEM battery that came with the phone (my extended battery is causing fits right now with the phone).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-28-2008 at 10:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast