Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey everyone, I have a question and would like to hear your personal opinion. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

starfall no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile 8900 as a mp3 player?

Advertisement

Hey everyone, I have a question and would like to hear your personal opinion.

I love my 8900 and I love my 2nd gen iPod touch BUT I hate having to carry both around in my purse! So would the 8900 be a great mp3 player? I haven't put music on my 4gb sd card I just have a few ring tones, pics, and wallpapers (not even a gig). I have 3 days left to return my iPod if I wanted to. It would be nice to get back my $300+ lol and perhaps get me a 8gb sd card.

Are you using your 8900 as a mp3 player?
    I would like to know how that works out for you. Thank you!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    My gf has a 8900, and a ipod 80gb. Needless to say, I always see her with the 8900 and headphones. The media player is awesome on the phone, and I think it would be wise to return that Ipod and get you a 8gb, or even a 16gb(prices are around $36.00) micro card and carry one device. She even connects it to her radio in our car and listens to music that route as well.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not a big music listener, but quality sounds pretty good on the 8900. Plus you can connect to bluetooth in stereo if I understand correctly.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have had the opposite experience. I have tried to use both my 8100 and my 8120 as MP3 players, with 1, 2, and 8 GB media cards and I just can't get used to it.

I have 15 GB of music, movies, games, audiobooks, audio and video podcasts, and music videos. I can't justify the price of a 16 GB or even 32 GB media card when I have a 2nd Gen 2GB Shuffle (for my audiobooks), 3rd Gen 8 GB Nano (for my favorite music), 4th Gen 16 GB Nano (for my podcasts and games) and a 6th Gen 80 GB Classic (movies and everything else I want on it).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-04-2009 at 05:03 PM.

starfall no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the advice!

I had a iphone for awhile and once I got rid of it for my 8900 I went out to get me a ipod. I used it about 5 times but I'm constantly using my blackberry. I'm leaning towards returning my ipod.
    Sent via Blackberry 8900

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I have had the opposite experience. I have tried to use both my 8100 and my 8120 as MP3 players, with 1, 2, and 8 GB media cards and I just can't get used to it.

I have 15 GB of music, movies, games, audiobooks, audio and video podcasts, and music videos. I can't justify the price of a 16 GB or even 32 GB media card when I have a 2nd Gen 2GB Shuffle (for my audiobooks),3rd Gen 8 GB Nano (for my favorite music), 4th Gen 16 GB Nano (for my podcasts and games) and a 6th Gen 80 GB Classic (movies and everything else I want on it).
    Wow, do you carry all that around with you at the same time?

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2
    Return the iPod.

The BB players guts are as good as quality as an iPod.

Get a 16gb card and you will be happy.

Get the Motorola wireless bluetooth setero headphones and you will be even HAPPIER.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I think you are good to go with the BB as a mp3 player. Just get the the bigger sd card and you won't need a murse to carry all your stuffs around.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yup, I've got an 8gb card loaded with music n videos...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Wow, do you carry all that around with you at the same time?
    No. I carry my 8120 and one of the four iPods, depending on what I want to listen to or if I want to play games.

Darkwun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    256E9427
    Sound quality may come down to the head/earphones you're using and personal preference but i find the 8900 lacking bass even with bass boost and also it doesn't deal too well with midranges but that said until an mp3 player of astounding quality comes along again the 8900 will more than suffice.

richnere no está en línea Stack level 2
    Drop the ipod. 8900 is great as a music player. Aux and/or bluetooth in the car, buy a good headset and 16 GB sdcard and you are all set. Slackerradio.com for free

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I just got back from running using my bb as I always do as my mp3 player. I gave away my ipod/ and other mp3 player which name I forgot. I use nothing but my bb. I have a 4gig drive in it

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Hmmm I would trade it in. I'm thinking about selling my 8gb ipod touch since I have slacker radio and 8gb sd card. The media player is really good ans with a good set of headphones sounds amazing.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Same here. I have the Bold now, awesome as an mp3 player. I had several Curve 8310s before the Bold, and upgraded to 4.5 OS on all of them. The 4.5 OS upgrade made a significant difference in the sound, it was amazing (even better than my Bold). So yes, use your 8900 as an mp3 player and fill up that 4GB with music. You can probably get close to 500 mp3s on a 4Gb card.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast